Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361361)

JaredL 04-13-2007 10:05 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria

Excellent job yinz. It was amazing stuff. I especially liked the daily decision and their outcomes. The no posting vowels and splitting it up were both really great (even though I got hosed with the draw!).

KyrosMother 04-13-2007 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe I used that power on bram, makes me so mad

[/ QUOTE ]

Quiet...you had way too many super cool powers anyway... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

LuckayLuck 04-13-2007 10:16 PM

zomg this game was super cool
it has inspired me to MOD MY OWN GAME

coming soon

lastchance 04-13-2007 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
zomg this game was super cool

[/ QUOTE ]
QF Luckay.

If Luckay's game is even half the awesomeness of this one, it is still 00ber.

Kumubou 04-13-2007 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm.. Yeah. I don't really think that really happened this game. I think "Kumu got owned" happened.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fixed. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Something I still do not understand now is what happened when kbar fake claimed. Everyone in the thread was all "lol that's so fake"; it really wasn't -- I was surprised as everyone else that he fake-claimed so late (and then did such a bad job of it). Since I was last to post, I was the wolf? Or was that a more subtle tone issue? So if I post a minute earlier, people start clearing me and it's el oh el village?

(This also somewhat illustrates the dangers of clearing villagers, something I am no fan of.)

I'm also slightly sad that I got lynched the day I was AFK; I would have at least fake claimed something and bought another day (and with the power I had gained the night before, this would have had some significance).

Oh well that's life, it sucks and then you end up a smoldering pile of ash.

And on that note, VR and GT1T did a hell of a job creating and moderating this game. Just insane.

lastchance 04-13-2007 10:24 PM

I thought your post about me was like 10x worse than any post you had about kbar. But you didn't clear yourself over kbar and like half the village did.

chuckleslovakian 04-13-2007 10:24 PM

I wanted you lynched for subtle tone

aaronk56 04-13-2007 10:28 PM

Wow this was a good game! Was I in it?

lastchance 04-13-2007 10:28 PM

That was a major lol and wtf day. The fact that you really didn't say anything of those things is not good considering the way it went.

Villagers are relieved and kind of hitting themselves over the head a little when kbar fake claims like and they miss it.

I mean, luckay's response is just classic villager. It's like wtf, kbar's the seer? WTF?! doh.

And then the lol and massive relief that comes when kbar's claim is proven to be obviously false.

LuckayLuck 04-13-2007 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And then the lol and massive relief that comes when kbar's claim is proven to be obviously false.

[/ QUOTE ]

The correct, no-risk, rare-payoff but sometimes pays off strategy here is to go:

"WAIT I REALLY AM THE SEER AND I JUST SWITCHED THE TWO DAYS AROUND WHEN I PEEKED TRAZ. It's obviously impossible for me to have peeked traz N3, so the wolves wouldn't kill me and I would get an extra peek."