Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge: Discussion+Review (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Brandi: Why does she bother? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=428266)

katyseagull 06-15-2007 07:06 PM

Brandi: Why does she bother?

I was wondering why Brandi bothers responding to people on these forums. Some people are just ridiculously mean. Is it because she thinks she can change their opinion of her? From a man's perspective, can she talk her way out of this strange mess? I haven’t read all the threads but I’ve read enough to wonder what her motivation is. If people were calling me names and accusing me of things, I'd be upset. I’m pretty sure I’d just quietly leave. I guess what I'm asking is why girls put themselves out there to be attacked, then keep coming back for more.

I understand there have been accusations made but why would strangers on a message board get so vitriolic towards a girl they don't even know?

DMC0627 06-15-2007 07:15 PM

Re: Brandi: Why does she bother?

Negative attention is better than no attention to some. It is sad, really.

Blarg 06-15-2007 07:18 PM

I don't know much about the story, but from the snippets I've heard, this is not someone who puts much stock in her reputation. So it getting dinged means far less to her than it would to, say, you, Katie.

ChipWrecked 06-15-2007 07:28 PM

Any thread she starts rockets up in the views/responses department. For an attention whore, it don't get much better.

60Vauban 06-15-2007 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Negative attention is better than no attention to some. It is sad, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

rothko 06-15-2007 07:54 PM

katy,

brandi bathes in this stuff. i'm assuming that you are unfamiliar with her exploits at nwp. she's not some innocent girl that people are picking on. she has lied, conned, cheated, stolen, scammed, etc. folks don't look kindly on such degens. the forums are her tool.

TimWillTell 06-15-2007 08:53 PM

You have abselutly no idea what kind of a person Brandi Hawbaker is.
I hope for you that you never find out, but if you do, I hope you'll find out in time.

Cheers!

Chump Change 06-15-2007 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm assuming that you are unfamiliar with her exploits at nwp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it be at all possible to give me a cliff notes version of the NWP scams/etc? I read the entire brandi bomb in NVG and while I certainly wouldn't say she if of the, ahem, strongest moral fiber, I still always wondered the same thing Katy does:

[ QUOTE ]
I understand there have been accusations made but why would strangers on a message board get so vitriolic towards a girl they don't even know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vitriol is the best description I can think of as well, and while I don't want to over-simplify the situation I still chalk it up to most males being hateful and afraid of women and much less to do brandi's 'incredible wrongdoing.'

TimWillTell 06-15-2007 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still chalk it up to most males being hateful and afraid of women and much less to do brandi's 'incredible wrongdoing.'

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not hateful towards Brandi, but she definitely scares the $h!t out of me; so you got that right! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

katyseagull 06-15-2007 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
katy,

brandi bathes in this stuff. i'm assuming that you are unfamiliar with her exploits at nwp. she's not some innocent girl that people are picking on. she has lied, conned, cheated, stolen, scammed, etc. folks don't look kindly on such degens. the forums are her tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain what you mean by "the forums are her tool." You're saying she is doing this for publicity? She is business savvy, like marketing herself?

KDawg 06-15-2007 11:12 PM

katy, plain and simple, brandi is an attention whore. She subjects herself to this stuff because she chooses to and obviously enjoys it

Stuey 06-16-2007 12:42 AM

I always thought it was not real or true. Not because any of it is unbelievable but just the way it is presented seems fake. Truly crazy people do much worse stuff and wild party types do more interesting stuff. She falls in the middle and I think it is mostly bs.

Idiotex 06-16-2007 12:48 AM

I think in all honesty Brandi has no core stsbility in life. She seeks validation from other people. I don't think she'll ever marry and stay with that one person for a lifetime (not that most people do). She also appears to be a pathological liar.

ChipWrecked 06-16-2007 01:08 AM

Let's not forget her popularity is in large part due to the typical demographic of the internet poker player: young, nerdy, socially inept. Teh internet forums would be an excellent tool for exploiting such a demo in the hands of a young, moderately attractive, morally dubious and quite likely available (for a price [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) female.

Now, bring on the Brandi/Chantel Ultimate Catfight Challenge!!

diebitter 06-16-2007 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? Who the hell is Chantel?

I feel very left out, I haven't read a single line of that NVG thread, and know absolutely nothing. Can someone give details of any kind plz?

Sniper 06-16-2007 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? Who the hell is Chantel?

I feel very left out, I haven't read a single line of that NVG thread, and know absolutely nothing. Can someone give details of any kind plz?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chantel video

Sniper 06-16-2007 02:12 AM

While we're looking at vids, here's Brandi talking about learning alot from her recent experiences...

Brandi video

Anacardo 06-16-2007 03:33 AM

Katy:

She's very attractive, does shady [censored] and probably has some kind of serious psychiatric disorder. Most of all you have to understand she's completely unaccountable, especially to this demographic. For a girl like that, in the circles in which she moves, there will always be another sucker who will give her enough of what she wants to get by. Hell, she's getting personal lessons from Old Man Sklansky, now. None of this stuff can touch her, so she just revels in it.

Do you automatically take the side of anyone who gets called out for their behavior in public, because that's 'mean?'

Stuey 06-16-2007 04:13 AM

no need for that

metsandfinsfan 06-16-2007 04:45 AM

I have spoken to brandi many times over pm. She seems intelligent and nice ... so yes part of me thinks she comes back just for attention, part of it could be marketing herself

Nice video clip sniper .. she comes across well in that as well

diebitter 06-16-2007 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have spoken to brandi many times over pm. She seems intelligent and nice ... so yes part of me thinks she comes back just for attention, part of it could be marketing herself

Nice video clip sniper .. she comes across well in that as well

[/ QUOTE ]

let her know about this thread. She might have something to say on it?

katyseagull 06-16-2007 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Katy:

She's very attractive, does shady [censored] and probably has some kind of serious psychiatric disorder. Most of all you have to understand she's completely unaccountable, especially to this demographic. For a girl like that, in the circles in which she moves, there will always be another sucker who will give her enough of what she wants to get by. Hell, she's getting personal lessons from Old Man Sklansky, now. None of this stuff can touch her, so she just revels in it.

Do you automatically take the side of anyone who gets called out for their behavior in public, because that's 'mean?'

[/ QUOTE ]

Cardo, in a way, yes. The reason being behavior needs to be witnessed firsthand, in context. What good does it do to have all these disjointed facts and stories relayed to us by people I don't know and who's character I have no clue of. Yes it sounds pretty shady what I've heard. But I would give the girl the benefit of the doubt and reserve judgment. For example, there's a big difference between conning someone and making a horrible decision that results in the loss of someone else's money.

I love how the guys on 2+2 enjoy labeling people with psychiatric disorders. Have you ever even met the girl?! I think not, but if you have are you qualified to diagnosis her?

I agree with you that she's very attractive. I would have thought that just being incredibly cute and articulate would get her the TV camera time. Why on earth would she revel in vitriolic attention? Are you telling me she is reveling in people saying horrible things? I think she's trying to explain herself on these forums and because she hopes she can change the public opinion of her and feels she's been unfairly maligned. That's what I think.

I have this sneaking suspicion that the very same guys who are so rude to her on a message board would jump at the chance to hang out with her in real life.

TimWillTell 06-16-2007 12:36 PM

She accused Captain Tom of [deleted]. It was the start of the most famous thread in poker history.
After she asked Mark (she pissed away 40K of his) if he would [deleted], and finally [deleted] because she felt sorry for him, most 2+2 members began to realise she was not what she appeared to be, and that her pretty harsh accusation of Tom [deleted] had to be seen from quite a different angle.
To put it simple; the accusation was made because she was broke and needed money.
Before her post she had gone with this story to Doyle who lend her 2000 dollars.
In to weeks time the money was spend and she called Doyle if she could help him, he replied that Tom had told him quite a different story and that there was nothing he could do for her.
There was a lot of speculation going on in that thread how many of the fools on 2+2 had send her money in reaction to her post.

Above mentioned is like the tip of a gruesome iceberg.
I don't know Brandi in person, but just like many others I think not only that she is delusional, but also dangerous.
When she cut her vaines in Marks hotelrooms bathroom to kill herself 'slightly', Marks stated that she wrote in the mirror in her own blood:"One day I'll fly!"

Off all of the mentioned above this "One day I'll fly!" in blood, still remains uncertain because it's the only thing that Brandi herself didn't confirm but denies.

Because I have no life, I can't wait for the sequel to come out; it will probably be hosted by Neverwin, because $klan$ky will star in it and he will remove the thread in 2+2.

I hope this post can answer your question way so many of the guys don't like her and are rude to her.
I myself have never been rude to her, never will, but I have severall pretty rich pokerfriends and I wil continue to warn them about her evil ways.

katyseagull 06-16-2007 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When she cut her vaines in Marks hotelrooms bathroom to kill herself 'slightly', Marks stated that she wrote in the mirror in her own blood:"One day I'll fly!"

Off all of the mentioned above this "One day I'll fly!" in blood, still remains uncertain because it's the only thing that Brandi herself didn't confirm but denies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I wasn't there I would have no way of knowing if it was true. My first inclination is to ask, was she high? Sounds like the kind of thing you'd do if you had taken pills and then drunk a ton of alcohol. I know men on these forums who have threatened to do the same thing and, come to find out, they were popping them crazy little pills. And no one claimed they were evil or crazy cuz, lol, they were just drunk off their ass!

diebitter 06-16-2007 01:02 PM

Wow, that's a real ton of hearsay. And of course, all we'll ever have on here is hearsay, so that isn't a criticism as such.

The only thing I THINK I read by Brandi that was quite a surprise was her offering jollies with someone that bought her a seat in the WSOP, but I really can't be sure it was definitely her, or again, some hearsay.

Very interesting though.

TimWillTell 06-16-2007 01:39 PM

I don't really know what you mean by hearsay.

Mark and Brandi were having this fight in the thread.
So when Mark claimed to have had sex with her, she replied that she only gave him a handjob.
To me that's not hearsay, but you hearing it from me, I guess that's hearsay alright.

All the information about her came from her own replies.
She confirmed it all, and didn't even care, yet she became very angry about this writing in blood on the mirror thing and insisted that although she attempted suicide there was only blood on the floor and she did not write:"one day I'll fly!" in her own blood on the mirror.

A lot of people came to the conclusion that she is psychotic after the "passport incident" where she assaulted a security officer who was just doing his job.

Believe I'm not kidding; there will be a seguel!

Anacardo 06-16-2007 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason being behavior needs to be witnessed firsthand, in context.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? It's obvious.

[ QUOTE ]
I love how the guys on 2+2 enjoy labeling people with psychiatric disorders. Have you ever even met the girl?! I think not, but if you have are you qualified to diagnosis her?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares? It's obvious.

[ QUOTE ]
Why on earth would she revel in vitriolic attention?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because she's a nut.

[ QUOTE ]
I have this sneaking suspicion that the very same guys who are so rude to her on a message board would jump at the chance to hang out with her in real life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lolz. God preserve us.

TimWillTell 06-16-2007 02:01 PM

She pissed away 40k of Mark at the 25/50 at Stars while telling him on the phone that she was plying 5/10 and was winning. Then she changed his password on Stars so that he couldn't get on his account and then locked herself in the bathroom, broke a bottle of wine en cut herself with the glass.
So there was wine and she might have been drinking.

But hey Google is almighty, if you to continue to defend Brandi it might be a good idea to first do some research. She is all over the inter-net, video's, photo's, if you're in to small titties you'll have a ball!

You might even run into information about the passport incident.
It probably will not make you hate her, but it sure will make you think that she needs treatment!

Anacardo 06-16-2007 02:03 PM

Katy is totally into small titties, fwiw. Just the other day she was posting,'all I want to look at in this life is a pair of pert, youthful B-cups.'

rothko 06-16-2007 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
katy,

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain what you mean by "the forums are her tool." You're saying she is doing this for publicity? She is business savvy, like marketing herself?

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't say "business savvy" but it's all part of her game.

TimWillTell 06-16-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Katy is totally into small titties, fwiw. Just the other day she was posting,'all I want to look at in this life is a pair of pert, youthful B-cups.'

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop it , you're killing me!

Runkmud 06-16-2007 02:18 PM

I can't take credit for this diagnosis, someone else brought it up, but I'm pretty sure it fits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrio...ality_disorder

Do I beleive alot of the things said, sure. Knowing that, would I hang out with Brandi if given the chance, sure. I don't think she's evil, I think she's a bit naive and a touch crazy, but probably very entertaining.

rothko 06-16-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm assuming that you are unfamiliar with her exploits at nwp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it be at all possible to give me a cliff notes version of the NWP scams/etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't keep up with it and don't know how it ended, but basically she made this big thing about how she was into micon, a married man. she sent in x-rated pictures of herself and wrote sexually explicit posts. not the doings of a sweet-doesn't-want-attention-please-just-respect-me-girl.

TimWillTell 06-16-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The only thing I THINK I read by Brandi that was quite a surprise was her offering anal sex with anyone that bought her a seat in the WSOP, but I really can't be sure it was definitely her, or again, some hearsay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, the only thing you think you remember reading by Brandi, wasn't written by her.
It was one of many jokes that was made by 2+2 members in response of her stating in that famous thread, that she asked Mark for anal while they were driving back to Los Angeles in his car.

rothko 06-16-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Katy:

[/ QUOTE ]

Cardo, in a way, yes. The reason being behavior needs to be witnessed firsthand, in context. What good does it do to have all these disjointed facts and stories relayed to us by people I don't know and who's character I have no clue of. Yes it sounds pretty shady what I've heard. But I would give the girl the benefit of the doubt and reserve judgment. For example, there's a big difference between conning someone and making a horrible decision that results in the loss of someone else's money.

I agree with you that she's very attractive. I would have thought that just being incredibly cute and articulate would get her the TV camera time. Why on earth would she revel in vitriolic attention? Are you telling me she is reveling in people saying horrible things? I think she's trying to explain herself on these forums and because she hopes she can change the public opinion of her and feels she's been unfairly maligned. That's what I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

katy, you seem to be rather uninformed on the situation. it is not the case that people have said things and she has denied them, leaving the casual observer to pick a side. brandi has either been the one to share the info or has verified it. there are a few details that aren't agreed upon, but even if you only accept what she has said/done it's clear that she is not an innocent.

her posts are meant to garner the exact sympathy that you display, in the hopes all other evidence will be discounted.

katyseagull 06-16-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think in all honesty Brandi has no core stsbility in life. She seeks validation from other people. I don't think she'll ever marry and stay with that one person for a lifetime (not that most people do). She also appears to be a pathological liar.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really ridiculous. It's possible she doesn't have much stability. How would I know. Do you know? Maybe she's had a rough childhood and has had to figure out how to survive all on her own with little help. But none of us knows what the future will bring. I hate when people make sweeping statements about someone they don't know. How you can say she'll never marry or stay with that one person for a lifetime is mean. Maybe you didn't intend it to sound mean but I think it was way too harsh. And I don't see her as a pathological liar. Now maybe you have information that I don't have, but from what I read in the Brandi threads I just don't see it.

Blarg 06-16-2007 04:36 PM

I wish the retarded would be smarted.

That's what I wish...

katyseagull 06-16-2007 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't take credit for this diagnosis, someone else brought it up, but I'm pretty sure it fits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrio...ality_disorder

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, this description fits 1/2 the women that I know under the age of 25.

[ QUOTE ]
These individuals are lively, dramatic, enthusiastic, and flirtatious. They may be inappropriately sexually provocative, express strong emotions with an impressionistic style, and be easily influenced by others.

[/ QUOTE ]

hm. So you don't know her but you feel this is a good tag for her, huh. I would urge people to be careful when analyzing other people's personality flaws and slapping labels left and right. That kind of stuff gets on my nerves. I'd almost rather you call someone kooky or nutty than put a pretentious, made up psychological label on them because it has a way of sounding legitimate when it's all just speculation over a message board.

Sniper 06-16-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when it's all just speculation over a message board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have thoughts to add to this thread, which I will try to get to later, but I just wanted to correct this...

It is not all just "speculation"... there are plenty of people who have interacted with Brandi IRL, and more that have interacted with the associated individuals in the "stories".

This is an important distinction between discussions of Brandi, and discussions of katy, on 2+2.

katyseagull 06-16-2007 07:13 PM

I was saying that it's all speculation that she has any kind of disorder at all. I mean if we're going to start pointing fingers and calling people psychological terms, probably 70% of us have some kind of disorder.

I don't want this to degenerate into trashing Brandi. I want to know if guys think that a girl can recover her reputation by responding to mean posts and trying to explain herself with gossip that's really degenerated and taken such a nasty turn. I'm the kind of person who would listen and I would weigh what she says, and I have. But it seems like once a guy's mind is made up it's made up. And the whole trashing her thing has become sport. I don't know if it's because I'm a girl or not, but I try to see both sides of the story. I try to visualize how the whole thing went down.