Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Don't come home until u is sobern! (NC Thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534814)

MrWookie 10-30-2007 06:28 PM

Don\'t come home until u is sobern! (NC Thread)

Remy's Wife wins this one because I don't think Dr. Matt's beloved tongue ASCII art would fly w/ the reds.

RemyXO 10-30-2007 06:42 PM

Re: Don\'t come home until u is sobern! (NC Thread)

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

shadow. 10-30-2007 06:47 PM

what the [censored].

i actually want to play cards and it won't connect through proxifier. skype does. ftp has been. now it won't.

i am angry.

other ideas?

holla

Noodles. 10-30-2007 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what the [censored].

i actually want to play cards and it won't connect through proxifier. skype does. ftp has been. now it won't.

i am angry.

other ideas?

holla

[/ QUOTE ]
logmein.com

Xhad 10-30-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
logmein.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a few confused seconds where I read that as "log mein"

bravos1 10-30-2007 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
logmein.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's good w/ shrimp!

MrWookie 10-30-2007 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
logmein.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you'd better not go shopping for your next writing implement at www.penisland.net

bravos1 10-30-2007 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
logmein.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you'd better not go shopping for your next writing implement at www.penisland.net

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG.. that is awesome... I'm 100% sure that site pissed Tyler off!

tiltaholic 10-30-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
logmein.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG.. that is awesome... I'm 100% sure that site pissed Tyler off!

[/ QUOTE ]

more fun from http://independentsources.com/2006/0...-company-urls/

1. A site called ‘Who Represents‘ where you can find the name of the agent that represents a celebrity. Their domain name… wait for it… is
www.whorepresents.com

2. Experts Exchange, a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views at
www.expertsexchange.com

3. Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island at
www.penisland.net

4. Need a therapist? Try Therapist Finder at
www.therapistfinder.com

5. Then of course, there’s the Italian Power Generator company…
www.powergenitalia.com

6. And now, we have the Mole Station Native Nursery, based in New South Wales:
www.molestationnursery.com

7. If you’re looking for computer software, there’s always
www.ipanywhere.com

8. Welcome to the First Cumming Methodist Church. Their website is
www.cummingfirst.com

9. Then, of course, there’s these brainless art designers, and their whacky website:
www.speedofart.com

10. Want to holiday in Lake Tahoe? Try their brochure website at
www.gotahoe.com

Aaron W. 10-30-2007 08:50 PM

With my recent 100 BB downswing at 15/30, I find myself in a position where I need to make some bankroll considerations for the first time since starting up in 2001. This swing has cut my bankroll in half ($6k -> $3k, for the lazy and non-math types), and I might need to find a way to build it back up (I may take one more shot with another $1k and see if I can get on variance's good side for a while).

I think I've got $600-700 tied up at Stars right now which (strictly speaking) makes me under-rolled for 1/2 6-max. Maybe I can make the switch to NL? Thoughts? Experiences?

tiltaholic 10-30-2007 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With my recent 100 BB downswing at 15/30, I find myself in a position where I need to make some bankroll considerations for the first time since starting up in 2001. This swing has cut my bankroll in half ($6k -> $3k, for the lazy and non-math types), and I might need to find a way to build it back up (I may take one more shot with another $1k and see if I can get on variance's good side for a while).

I think I've got $600-700 tied up at Stars right now which (strictly speaking) makes me under-rolled for 1/2 6-max. Maybe I can make the switch to NL? Thoughts? Experiences?

[/ QUOTE ]

rebuild at 8/16 at the wynn?

Aaron W. 10-30-2007 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that game run regularly?

RemyXO 10-30-2007 09:10 PM

Rebuild at 2/4 at Monte Carlo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Warning - SSHE Loose Game (more than 6 to the flop) Charts apply.

tyler_cracker 10-30-2007 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1 table runs most of the time. it's usually kinda tight/passive, though i guess it livens up on weekend nights and stuff.

the bellagio game is similar and probably better, but then you have to play at the bellagio.

i would [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to play either one with you, but i suck/run bad and will also be moving down.

after a break -- poker sux [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

tiltaholic 10-30-2007 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno. is a game regular if it only runs on weekends? but there must be a regular game <15/30 somewhere. mirage?

Brain 10-30-2007 09:42 PM

son of a [censored]..one of the restaurants at the borgata double charged me for dinner on saturday. it wasn't a lot, but it still sucks...time for a phone call tomorrow. i can't find my receipt, ldo. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

also, i looked for kit on friday around 7ish, but didn't see him. had a really good 3/6 session on friday up $80 and then blinded/whiffed most of it back with frigid cards in a short session on saturday. saturday, i played with a guy that remembered me from january. i played well for a change too so maybe i'll try to make the trip a little more often.

shadow. 10-30-2007 09:44 PM

3k is plenty to play 15/30 at wynn.

god that game is awesome.

just play like a spew monkey (ie play like me) and they fold. alla time.

holla

KingOtter 10-30-2007 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
8. Welcome to the First Cumming Methodist Church. Their website is
www.cummingfirst.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! That's the city I live in!

Seriously.... ask Buzz... I think he chortles about it every time he sees it on my Stars name.

Aaron W. 10-30-2007 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3k is plenty to play 15/30 at wynn.

god that game is awesome.

just play like a spew monkey (ie play like me) and they fold. alla time.

holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's really only $2k because I don't want to busto my online poker account. I had a 100 BB 15/30 busto limit in the back of my mind when I started playing which is why I need to reconsider how I'm going to do my pokering.

Yeah, that game is good. I can see it when I'm there. I just can't do much about it.

Bona 10-30-2007 10:50 PM

Aaron- In addition to the other approaches you are considering you might want to consider backing away temporarily from trying to maximize small edge opportunities that bring variance to the table with them. At least until you rebuild your bankroll. You've got all the moves and I'm sure you know what I mean. Get a little more nitty in the close situations and grind it out till you are back up a little more.

bravos1 10-30-2007 11:25 PM

LOL earthquakeaments

Xylocain 10-30-2007 11:27 PM

Dude, I was just barely lol-ing being in a room with 200l of liquid helium in basically open containers [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

bravos1 10-30-2007 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, I was just barely lol-ing being in a room with 200l of liquid helium in basically open containers [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

where are you at?

Xylocain 10-30-2007 11:32 PM

Palo Alto -- you try shimming an NMR when not even the room is cooperating [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

MrWookie 10-30-2007 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Liquid He in an open container? I'm really suspicious, because

1. It's really expensive
2. It doesn't stay as a liquid in an open container hardly at all. I mean, liquid nitrogen doesn't hang out for that long, but much longer than helium.

bravos1 10-30-2007 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Palo Alto, you try shimming an NMR when not even the room in cooperation [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm didn't know that... private lab or Uni?

Xylocain 10-30-2007 11:34 PM

Who said a 500 MHz Varian is cheap? And yes ... when one of those babys fall over the liquid nitrogen encapsulating the helium will go at the same time as the Helium.

MrWookie 10-30-2007 11:36 PM

I know they're damn expensive, but what are you doing without the lid on your He?

Xylocain 10-30-2007 11:37 PM

Sir, lol?

bravos1 10-30-2007 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know they're damn expensive, but what are you doing without the lid on your He?

[/ QUOTE ]

Watching it slosh around in an earthquake.. LDO!

MrWookie 10-31-2007 12:05 AM

If you do it right, you don't even need a quake to see cool things with liquid helium. It'll crawl up the sides of the container it's sitting in and run down the sides as if it was defying gravity if you do it right.

Aaron W. 10-31-2007 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Aaron- In addition to the other approaches you are considering you might want to consider backing away temporarily from trying to maximize small edge opportunities that bring variance to the table with them. At least until you rebuild your bankroll. You've got all the moves and I'm sure you know what I mean. Get a little more nitty in the close situations and grind it out till you are back up a little more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you go LAG, it's hard to go back.

But yeah, that's also an option... I guess...

B2_eBoogaloo 10-31-2007 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Palo Alto, you try shimming an NMR when not even the room in cooperation [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm didn't know that... private lab or Uni?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya srsly. I'm guessing biotech company of some sort.

Xylocain 10-31-2007 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you do it right, you don't even need a quake to see cool things with liquid helium. It'll crawl up the sides of the container it's sitting in and run down the sides as if it was defying gravity if you do it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, helium is funky. In NMR machines its used to cool the magnet because one needs a superconducting magnet to reach the fields for high-field NMR. The helium chamber is in turn surrounded by a chamber containing liquid nitrogen to keep it from evaporating to fast. So when one of them falls over there will be like 100l+ of liquid gas reaching room temperature in a few seconds in a formally closed vessel -> boom -> Xylocain gets frozen to -78 and suffocates -> No more spewmonkey at PS 0.5/1

The gases obv have to be 'open' to air in normal operation because liquid helium is only -270 at atomsphere pressure. If I pop down there and put a stopper in each machine we will need a new NMR facility tomorrow LDO [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW In very advanced machines >800 MHz one actually uses small pumps to drive off helium to cool the magnet even further. -> more mobnies faster!

Gib 10-31-2007 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing biotech company of some sort.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.robotech.com/images/conte..._48_2_2755.jpg

oh woops u meant biotech not robotech!

MrWookie 10-31-2007 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, helium is funky. In NMR machines its used to cool the magnet because one needs a superconducting magnet to reach the fields for high-field NMR. The helium chamber is in turn surrounded by a chamber containing liquid nitrogen to keep it from evaporating to fast. So when one of them falls over there will be like 100l+ of liquid gas reaching room temperature in a few seconds in a formally closed vessel -> boom -> Xylocain gets frozen to -78 and suffocates -> No more spewmonkey at PS 0.5/1

The gases obv have to be 'open' to air in normal operation because liquid helium is only -270 at atomsphere pressure. If I pop down there and put a stopper in each machine we will need a new NMR facility tomorrow LDO [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW In very advanced machines >800 MHz one actually uses small pumps to drive off helium to cool the magnet even further. -> more mobnies faster!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess in all the superconducting magnet systems I've worked with, they've had the helium compressor siphoning off the gaseous He and recondensing it. Considering the cost of liquid helium, it seems that the compressor pays for itself many times over in not much time.

OrigamiSensei 10-31-2007 01:22 AM

Well, back from my elk hunting trip with nothing to show for it except a sliced thumb (tried to take it off with a Buck knife) and a nice peel going from a bad sunburn. Still a great trip and I hope to have some pictures and a TR in the not too distant future.

Meanwhile I'm hoping tyler's family and anyone else in the SD area got through the fires safely. I only found out about them on Tuesday when I came down the mountain for a few hours to resupply and my wife was having a mini-breakdown when I called. Then I was back out of civilization again until Sunday.

scpi10 10-31-2007 02:58 AM

Brag: 500th post
Beat: Worst poster ever

scpi10 10-31-2007 03:13 AM

I wsa going to bump the last NC thread for 1 final ban, but it was locked. I guess people won't be getting banned anymore.

bravos1 10-31-2007 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wsa going to bump the last NC thread for 1 final ban, but it was locked. I guess people won't be getting banned anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL cya in 12 hours!