Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   The Hated Free Showdown Raise Maybe (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534496)

cgrohman 10-30-2007 09:18 AM

The Hated Free Showdown Raise Maybe

$20-$40 near you:

Villian has just enough of a brain to get himself into trouble. He is capable of playing weak made hands or hand/draw combinations fairly strong. He is break-even at best. He views me as a TAG but likely thinks I am over agressive/trying to run him over at times, which is definitely true.

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, I raise in MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Villan calls in BB, limpers call.

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Action: Checked to me, I bet, BB raises, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, I 3-bone, BB caps, UTG calls, I call.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets, UTG folds, and I insta-raise

Holla?

KitCloudkicker 10-30-2007 09:21 AM

Re: The Hated Free Showdown Raise Maybe

this situation looks like the opposite of a free showdown raise.

1) villain is never folding a better hand
2) you have a crapload of outs if behind
3) theres a very good chance you're ahead anyway

Grease 10-30-2007 09:35 AM

Regardless of what Kit said (which is definitely true and right along the lines of the free showdown raise talks we've been having), I still like the turn raise. You have 19 outs if behind (10 FH and 9 flush) and you could easily be ahead.

I doubt you're getting 3-bet here much because you have the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], as well.

ship it pls 10-30-2007 10:21 AM

btw only 7 for flush if we are behind...

are you folding the river if he does 3-barrel the turn and you dont improve? - could he 3-bet with a smaller set or even two pr hoping you have AsKc etc?

if he is going to pay you off a lot lighter because you are bulldozer in his eyes i would bet the river if he just calls the 2-bet...

Entity 10-30-2007 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

are you folding the river if he does 3-barrel the turn and you dont improve? - could he 3-bet with a smaller set or even two pr hoping you have AsKc etc?

if he is going to pay you off a lot lighter because you are bulldozer in his eyes i would bet the river if he just calls the 2-bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 7 outs for a flush if behind? Um, we have top set and the nut flush redraw, so we've got 7 flush outs and 10 boat outs = 17 outs.

Rob

WMB 10-30-2007 10:47 AM

Easy raise on the turn.

Munchkin Mayor 10-30-2007 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 7 outs for a flush if behind? Um, we have top set and the nut flush redraw, so we've got 7 flush outs and 10 boat outs = 17 outs.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure he meant 7 FLUSH outs, not 9 FLUSH outs as the other poster said (and of course the 10 boat/quad outs).

jkamowitz 10-30-2007 11:00 AM

Are you really checking the river when the 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] rolls off?

James. 10-30-2007 11:01 AM

why do i want to valuebet the river if he doesn't 3bet the turn?

JJH3984 10-30-2007 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why do i want to valuebet the river if he doesn't 3bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what your saying here, but I'm not checking the river if he just calls the turn.