Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   WowIdorandomthingssometimes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387842)

aejones 04-25-2007 04:25 AM

WowIdorandomthingssometimes

How often should I be doing this. Villian is a aggro regular, more aggro post than pre.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (2 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero ($1277.50)
BB ($3455)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $35</font>, Hero (poster) calls $30.

Flop: ($75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $80</font>, Hero calls $80.

Turn: ($235) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $240</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $800</font>,

Overfloater 04-25-2007 04:28 AM

Re: WowIdorandomthingssometimes

oh noooooooooooo

jsnipes28 04-25-2007 04:35 AM

I would say you should only be doing this often enough to maintain a donk image- and unfortunately that's prob too often.

I'm all for turning made hands into bluffs but I think this is a bad spot.

emil3000 04-25-2007 04:45 AM

I don't really mind it to be honest.

BobboFitos 04-25-2007 06:00 AM

really doesnt look that bad, A9 looks alot better though

True 04-25-2007 06:07 AM

everytime i bluff with a made hand, they call with a better made hand.

DJ Sensei 04-25-2007 06:15 AM

how often does he think you c/c flop with 86, T9, T7, or a flopped 2pr/set?

the more that is the better this is. If he's somewhat unknown to you, or has an image of you as over-aggro in his head, this is bad.

Also I dont think he'll ever call with a worse hand except maybe MAYBE sometimes 98.

Big_Jim 04-25-2007 06:18 AM

I think most of the value in a c/r like this comes preventing yourself from having to make a tough river decision. The pot is getting fairly big, so that's sometimes pretty worthwhile, but I'm not sure I like the stacks sizes/hand you're doing it with.

Do you call a shove? Pot's pretty big, but he's barely ever shoving with worse, and we don't really have odds to call. River action in the rare case that he calls, and a blank falls? ugh

DJ Sensei 04-25-2007 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think most of the value in a c/r like this comes preventing yourself from having to make a tough river decision. The pot is getting fairly big, so that's sometimes pretty worthwhile, but I'm not sure I like the stacks sizes/hand you're doing it with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it certainly does save you a river decision, but I think its at the expense of your stack (or most of it) too often to justify that.

c/c turn obv is a little sketch because your hand is then:
1) faceup-ish
2) not that strong
which leads to playing guessing games against a good opponent.

feesjah 04-25-2007 07:18 AM

interesting, i dont think its that bad. you probably have a lot of equity here + some outs. good enough
+ this will do wonders for your metagame in future hands at the table (if you call a shove here that is).