Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Limit-->NL (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Basic Flop Problem (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=470682)

4_2_it 08-06-2007 07:43 PM

Re: Basic Flop Problem

doc,

I think the biggest thing that you and I are basing our opinions on is how passive villain had been up to this point. I think we both snap call with an overpair vs a an average or aggro villain, but against a passive villain who wakes up with a hand this is pretty standard fold until you get a read what his range is for pulling that move.

Josh. 08-06-2007 07:52 PM

the important factor is that he plays a lot of hands. he doesn't think logically. that he doesn't raise many hands preflop doesn't mean as much with regard to his postflop play. plenty of 50/5 players are insanely aggressive postflop.

4_2_it 08-06-2007 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the important factor is that he plays a lot of hands. he doesn't think logically. that he doesn't raise many hands preflop doesn't mean as much with regard to his postflop play. plenty of 50/5 players are insanely aggressive postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you; however, the first time I see a passive player do this, I am not looking to felt TP hands. I think we the only thing we disgaree on (slightly) is our read on villain. I do not think we disagree on tactics.

DeathDonkey 08-06-2007 08:29 PM

Interesting that you say that, as the first time I see an unknown do this I'm calling and figuring the worst case is I find out later it was an awful call and I look unbluffable and gain info. I tend to not fold in close spots when I'm dealing with a lack of information, I find this strategy to be higher variance and higher profit (and future profit).

-DeathDonkey

Josh. 08-06-2007 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting that you say that, as the first time I see an unknown do this I'm calling and figuring the worst case is I find out later it was an awful call and I look unbluffable and gain info. I tend to not fold in close spots when I'm dealing with a lack of information, I find this strategy to be higher variance and higher profit (and future profit).

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this

sethypooh21 08-06-2007 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like me paying off a river bet in LHE.

<----SD monkey.