Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   nl25 do i call river bet? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=498773)

tmcdmck 09-11-2007 04:32 PM

nl25 do i call river bet?

Im afraid I dont have the HH, so this is from memory. I had just sat down at table, villain is unknown. Effective stacks are 25.

I was dealt KJ late position, open raised to $1.25 after 1 limper. BB and limper called.

Flop came JJ9, It was check to me and I checked.

Turn came an A, bord is now rainbow. the limper raises $6.25, (almost twice the pot?!). I call, BB folds.

River comes a brick, maybe a 5. Limper shoves his remaining stack. What do I do?

I feel I misplayed the turn by not raising, preflop was marginal (though I did have position, so i do not feel it was too bad), and the flop might have been better bet, but that is quite marginal aswell I feel. My main question is do i call all in as played? (though any thoughts that I have not already given are welcome!)

CyberianBull 09-11-2007 04:43 PM

Re: nl25 do i call river bet?

- pf is standard
- bet flop $3
- raise turn
- you'll be committed after turn so easy call on river
- as played call river -- he probably has a weak ace or Q10. i dont see anyone playing the nuts like that (AJ, AA, 99, J9)

pr0crast 09-11-2007 04:47 PM

You have a hand, bet it. You would definitely cbet this flop if you hadn't flopped trip jacks.

kurto 09-11-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have a hand, bet it. You would definitely cbet this flop if you hadn't flopped trip jacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

argy1182 09-11-2007 05:04 PM

Betting the flop would be your best course of action. The field will expect a cbet, which will help to conceal your hand, so make that bet the size of your normal cbet (half to two-thirds pot). That will allow the rest of the hand to play itself. Make plays that will make future decisions easier.

Waingro 09-11-2007 06:39 PM

Bet the flop, villains will call with all kinds of hands. Actually I like the call on the turn. I donīt think villain is drawing. It is either air, AK-AQ, worse trips or the nuts. The river is an easy call, villain could very easily be value betting worse.

iagainsti 09-11-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make plays that will make future decisions easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said

jackrich00 09-11-2007 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop, villains will call with all kinds of hands. Actually I like the call on the turn. I donīt think villain is drawing. It is either air, AK-AQ, worse trips or the nuts. The river is an easy call, villain could very easily be value betting worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

cooker3 09-11-2007 07:18 PM

Yeah bet flop, raise turn and call river

mackthefork 09-11-2007 07:25 PM

Two ways of looking at this, you were either behind on the flop or you are ahead now, so I call.

And yes C-Bet that flop.

Regards Mack