Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Chat Spam at FTP tables (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=447829)

durron597 07-10-2007 04:49 PM

Chat Spam at FTP tables

I am seriously getting tired of this. It feels like almost every other SnG I play these days gets a "I got $100 at <site>" guy coming along. I guess I could turn observer chat off, but why should I do that? I report every single one to chatabuse@fulltiltpoker.com, I wish I could get some reassurance that Full Tilt is doing something about the problem in general...

DMoogle 07-10-2007 04:57 PM

Re: Chat Spam at FTP tables

Doesn't bother me, except when they say something like "Hey DMoogle, how are you doing?" before asking for money. Although, unless it's someone I know, I usually know what to expect.

demon102 07-10-2007 05:08 PM

I remember when a scammer site was spamming the text box like last year, the site looked like full tilt and asked for ur user ID and ur password, when I saw that I reported it and soon after it dissapeared

WordWhiz 07-10-2007 06:12 PM

I'm totally pissed about this too. How tough is it to make a rule that you need $50 in your account in order to talk as an observer, to be confiscated upon spamming? Would eliminate problem immediately.

durron597 07-10-2007 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm totally pissed about this too. How tough is it to make a rule that you need $50 in your account in order to talk as an observer, to be confiscated upon spamming? Would eliminate problem immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

seconded. ftpdoug?

Dire 07-10-2007 06:28 PM

Isn't that supposed to be the allure of FTP? Your broke underage ass can go chat with the pros, or at least talk at them.

-thirded

oober 07-10-2007 06:57 PM

I would prefer a rule of 1bb in acct to be able to chat at a table. It sure would clean up the high stakes chat box and the beggars for that matter....

Doug, take care of this please!!!!!!!!!!!!

the_optical 07-10-2007 07:24 PM

I am in total agreeance with you. These are scammers and should be reported. So irritating and distracting of play but I am not sure if there is a solution to it if you dont want to turn your observer chat off

RiverFenix 07-10-2007 07:30 PM

NL cash games have gotten much better w/ much, much less spam. Kudos to FTP for that.

durron597 07-10-2007 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't that supposed to be the allure of FTP? Your broke underage ass can go chat with the pros, or at least talk at them.

-thirded

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't even have to be $50, even if it was $5 that could be seized for spamming it would add up to these sites really quickly