Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Red Grange--Greatest of All time (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558753)

MyTurn2Raise 12-02-2007 01:00 AM

Re: Red Grange--Greatest of All time

oh yeah, Marshall Faulk FTW

ClarkNasty 12-02-2007 01:03 AM

Also personal favorite nominations Jamelle Holieway and Charlie Freaking Ward.

MyTurn2Raise 12-02-2007 01:04 AM

I have some book about Holieway from the late 80s....like the Life and Times of OU football or something.... good read about a program out of control but pwning

ClassicBob 12-02-2007 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have some book about Holieway from the late 80s....like the Life and Times of OU football or something.... good read about a program out of control but pwning

[/ QUOTE ]

From wiki:
[ QUOTE ]
He was arrested in Oklahoma for possession of marijuana on July 21, 2007. While being arrested, he showed officers a picture of himself playing football for OU, and repeatedly told them he played football for OU.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Victor 12-02-2007 01:26 AM

faulk was so sick in college, i used to stay up late just to watch him play when i was in like middle school. sdsu thurs night games were the highlight of the week.

yjbrewer 12-02-2007 01:56 AM

I think VY was a great player and should be top 10 but Archie Griffin should easily be number 1. How do you iwn 2 Heismans and not be.

Needle77 12-02-2007 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF NO TOUCHDOWN TOMMY FRAZIER??????????????

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Also, lol at VY at #10, oh well I suppose it should be obvious that this type of thing is always going to be a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

VY at 10 seriously made me doubt my ability to understand the sport of football. I need to seriously reconsider my future in the sport if he is the 10th best college player ever.

pokergrader 12-02-2007 02:15 AM

3 out of the top 5 college football players of all time are white? I don't want to play any sort of race card, but I just don't see how this is possible.

dlk9s 12-02-2007 02:27 AM

I'm not positive (I need to do some research to figure it out), but my great uncle may have blocked for Grange at Illinois. I know he played on the OL and based on his age, I think he may have played with Grange.

BTW, no Lawrence Taylor? Or was his pro career that much better than his college career (which was fantastic)?

EDIT: "The Galloping Ghost" is such a tremendous nickname.

dlk9s 12-02-2007 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 out of the top 5 college football players of all time are white? I don't want to play any sort of race card, but I just don't see how this is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...3 of the top 6, 4 of the top 7, 5 of the top 8, and 6 of the top 10 are black.

Nice arbitrary cutoff you made and I'm not sure I understand your point.