Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   I fold pairs a lot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535554)

SNOWBALL 10-31-2007 05:36 PM

I fold pairs a lot

Hollywood park 15/30

I raise k8s in the CO, and I get called by SB and BB.

Flop K7Jr

2 checks. I bet. SB calls.

Turn: K7J3r
Check, bet, call.

River: K7J39
I get a weird feeling like I'm gonna get CRed, but I bet anyway and get insta-checkraised and villain announces it in a louder than normal voice. I'm guessing he was just excited or trying to protect his action.

Anyway, villain is mostly passive, and he's also incredibly loose, so basically everything that could have me beaten is in his range here. There's no chance he has a worse king. He's not crazy enough to call my on the flop and turn with absolutely nothing and then CR with air, and if he had a draw, then he prob made a a pair.
Like if he had 89 or T9 then he made a pair on the end and missed his gutshot, so he would check-call.
His most likely hand in my mind was 97, either suited or unsuited, because I'm not 100% sure he peels turn with a gutshot in this size pot. He could have a gutshot though with T8.

Anyway, my Q is: what is the minimum hand I should call with here?

BadBigBabar 10-31-2007 05:44 PM

Re: I fold pairs a lot

looks like he has QT

Mr Rick 10-31-2007 05:49 PM

QT. But then you would only split.

OK seriously. To call I think you have to beat J9 but I would expect to mostly lose. Aside from QT (which I really think he has), I would expect to see K9, J9, and 99, followed by a slow played 77 and 33. I think you would have heard from two pairs not involving the 9 before the river (and also aside from KJ and possibly J7s why would the SB call with those other hands???).

SNOWBALL 10-31-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks like he has QT

[/ QUOTE ]

oops. should have said that in the OP, but I made the decision quick at the table and just wrote everything that I was thinking at the time. It wasn't much of a thinking decision to I didn't even think of QT then, but yeah, that should be more likely than T8 and 97, and K7, and J7.

SNOWBALL 10-31-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(and also aside from KJ and possibly J7s why would the SB call with those other hands???).

[/ QUOTE ]

from OP

[ QUOTE ]
villain is mostly passive, and he's also incredibly loose,

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael Davis 10-31-2007 06:20 PM

I'd call with T8, raise QT, and fold everything else.

-Michael

private joker 10-31-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd call with T8, raise QT, and fold everything else.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably call with sets too, like KK/JJ but expect to lose a decent chunk of the time.

Folding a pair-no kicker here is standard, Snowball.

n.s. 10-31-2007 06:46 PM

So everyone here would fold to this c/r with, say, KJ? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

andyfox 10-31-2007 08:21 PM

The most obvious explanation is that the 9 helped him. And that he had something on the flop. So his minimum hand is 9-7. I'd call with anything that beats that.

AragornX151 10-31-2007 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So everyone here would fold to this c/r with, say, KJ? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely not folding a good 2 pair here. I agree with Andy; anything that beats middle two, I'm calling with.