Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   AK in SB, multiway (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514551)

RobA 10-03-2007 05:55 AM

AK in SB, multiway

10-20 Borg.

EP limps. MP limps. LP limps. I raise AK [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in SB. BB, and all, call.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, BB calls, EP calls, LP calls.

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

(BB is loose/passive 50ish guy. EP is a youngish guy that just say down. LP is a 40ish woman that is tight/passive).

Best line on the turn?

Also would appreciate comments on the flop.

I know it may be basic, but I like the basics. Thanks for your comments.

gameoverjc 10-03-2007 07:14 AM

Re: AK in SB, multiway

Bet/fold turn, and check/call river.

Raising out of sb and having it come king high then pair, lot of lower flushes esp at 10/20 won't pop u up. If they raise turn your toast, and betting river I don't see that +ev in long run with a possible tight passive player generally calling u down.

If you get the old 50 yr old loose passive with u hu, bet river.

Crusher19 10-03-2007 12:59 PM

i bet fold turn and usually bet the river if a safe card comes and still folding to a raise obviously. i dont know how aggressive the game is there, i play mostly 30-60 or 40-80 when i raise the field out of position 4 or more opponents go for a check raise on the flop it almost always works in these games. it can really help narrow the field and you see where you're at, but if the game isnt aggressive enough bet out is fine just have to dodge a few more cards.

SNOWBALL 10-03-2007 01:15 PM

I'm betting again. No way a heart is gettin a free card from me.

If I get raised, I wanna see the river if I am up against 44 or a flush, but I wanna fold if someone has a 5. Since a 5 should be scared to raise on this board, I think bet/folding is pretty awesome, but I think an argument can be made for bet/calling, and check/folding river UI b/c SOMETIMES our hand is good and we are getting a halway decent price to draw out vs. some of the hands that beat us and sometimes we get a free showdown vs K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or something.

Of course it depends exactly on who raises and what the overall action is. Multiway pots are complicated yo.

Checking here is silly though methinks. Tell us what happened after you bet. Hopefully you DID bet.

SNOWBALL 10-03-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check/call river.

[/ QUOTE ]

if we can flatcalled on turn, even by all 3 players, we still have a value bet on the river.

cgrohman 10-03-2007 01:42 PM

I've been thinking about this hand and I really think you should have selected a different turn card.

Tough spot. If you are going to call a bet, might as well bet out and fold to any action. Against certain opponents, I think I could even check/fold this.

goofball 10-03-2007 03:30 PM

The first step here definitely is bet. The second step is see what happens.

surfdoc 10-03-2007 03:51 PM

bet/fold turn. bet/fold river.

Yads 10-03-2007 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet/fold turn. bet/fold river.

[/ QUOTE ]

RobA 10-03-2007 08:46 PM

Thank you all for your thoughts.

I bet the turn. BB mucked. EP looked at me for awhile and called. LP had a wierd pause, and then said raise.

My plan after the turn card was bet/fold, so I folded. And then EP folded, and LP took down the pot face down. I didn't feel good about it, so I wanted to run it by you guys.

I was looking at 11-1 on the turn raise. If she had 44 I had 4 outs. But if she had a 5 I had 2 outs. If she had a flush or 55 I was drawing dead.

It feels like everytime I've gotten AK for the last 2 months I've hit an A or a K, and everytime I've either ended up folding, or paying off a better hand.