Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Moderating The Forums: a suggestion (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=172822)

Cyrus 07-28-2006 02:49 AM

Moderating The Forums: a suggestion

The recent flurry of controversy concerned exclusively our shenanigans in this, the Politics Forum. Moderators were called in, like out-of-town marshalls [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], to establish law and order. So I think it was opportune to post on "About The Forums" an already tried and successful set of rules for moderating discussion forums. Perhaps some of you would be interested to read and comment.

Please do not respond to this post. This post is meant only as a one-off, heads-up post --- and can be locked, for all practical purposes. Please respond, if you feel like it, to the post in the Link.

Link

jokerthief 07-28-2006 03:28 AM

Re: Moderating The Forums: a suggestion

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by the communist party.

<font color="white"> jk cyrus, it's late and I'm in one of those moods. </font>

ShakeZula06 07-28-2006 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This has been a public service announcement brought to you by the communist party.

<font color="white"> jk cyrus, it's late and I'm in one of those moods. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, was going to argue with you until I highlighted the post to copy it. Glad to see you were joking, as it seemed odd.

canis582 07-28-2006 10:28 AM

This forum becomes annoying when the threads turn into petty bickering between two people. The wrest1ling board I post on discourages people from posting twice in the same thread. Maybe we can do one post in a thread every 50 posts or 24 hours.

ShakeZula06 07-28-2006 10:31 AM

yes one post per person so that absolutely no debate can take place.

canis582 07-28-2006 10:36 AM

Debate is not taking place currently

2+2 as a whole would benefit if users could rate each other. That way people who arent regular posters in this forum could skip reading long diatribes by crazed lunatics while the real meat of the thread lies in PVN's analyasis towards the end I feel he'd be someone with a high rating. That way new posters that show a little intelligence would get more respect than 5,000 time posters.

This would help in the poker forums, too. People wouldnt "bet the turn, fold the river" as I usually suggest.

ShakeZula06 07-28-2006 10:58 AM

Sure sometimes there is no debate, but that's why we brought in [censored]. As for your rating system, it seems interesting and feasible.

Elaborate if you could on the process of how this could work.

What do the others think? mods?

adios 07-28-2006 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
....That way people who arent regular posters in this forum could skip reading long diatribes by crazed lunatics ....

[/ QUOTE ]

One persons crazed lunatic is another's enlightened sage [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I use one forum where there's a rating system and I do think it works well FWIW.

Copernicus 07-28-2006 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
....That way people who arent regular posters in this forum could skip reading long diatribes by crazed lunatics ....

[/ QUOTE ]

One persons crazed lunatic is another's enlightened sage [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I use one forum where there's a rating system and I do think it works well FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the rating system can be limited to one vote per IP address its useless, and even then subject to manipulation especially when the number of posters is fairly limited as it is here.

BCPVP 07-28-2006 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the rating system can be limited to one vote per IP address its useless, and even then subject to manipulation especially when the number of posters is fairly limited as it is here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Little nervous, Copernicus? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]