Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Found BlackBerry (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396742)

Waterfall 05-06-2007 01:00 PM

Found BlackBerry

I found one of these phones at a bar last night. Its a nice phone so I would like to replace my old phone with it. Can I just bring it to a cingular store or will they know/care it belonged to someone else? Anyone have any experience in doing something like this? Any advice would be appreciated.

daryn 05-06-2007 01:03 PM

Re: Found BlackBerry

is finding the owner out of the question, and if so why?

oddjob 05-06-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found one of these phones at a bar last night. Its a nice phone so I would like to replace my old phone with it. Can I just bring it to a cingular store or will they know/care it belonged to someone else? Anyone have any experience in doing something like this? Any advice would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just found a bmw outside my place, and i'd like to replace my old car with it. can i just take it to the dealership and have them cut me new keys for it, or will they car if it belonged to someone else?

By-Tor 05-06-2007 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i just found a bmw outside my place, and i'd like to replace my old car with it. can i just take it to the dealership and have them cut me new keys for it, or will they car if it belonged to someone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, that's MY car...I found my new house last night. please vacate.

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

XXXNoahXXX 05-06-2007 01:05 PM

1) Turn phone on.

2) Call "home" OR Call anyone in the contact list and say "I just found this phone, whose is it?"

3) Give them your address

4) They pick it up

5) Sleep easy.

Waterfall 05-06-2007 01:14 PM

I would rather keep it as my own than waste my time returning it. I have lost my fair share of phones so it all works out in the grand scheme of things. I am sure that whoever has a phone this nice has insurance on it anyways. Regardless if the ethical issue, how do I go about activating this phone as my own?

RunDownHouse 05-06-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have lost my fair share of phones so it all works out in the grand scheme of things.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course it does!

miajag 05-06-2007 01:16 PM

You're an idiot.

XXXNoahXXX 05-06-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would rather keep it as my own than waste my time returning it. I have lost my fair share of phones so it all works out in the grand scheme of things. I am sure that whoever has a phone this nice has insurance on it anyways. Regardless if the ethical issue, how do I go about activating this phone as my own?

[/ QUOTE ]

He will report it to his service provider as lost. As soon as you bring it in, they will input the serial code and see that the phone is someone elses that they reported as lost. Just do the right thing and stop being a douche.

My boss left his Nextel in a public bathroom, called Nextel and reported it lost. The next day a Nextel store called and said someone had come in a tried to activate it and they refused saying it belonged to my boss. The guy apparently tried to lie and say he bought it on eBay. They told him no, the owner reported it lost, kept the phone, then called my boss to come get it.

Chief911 05-06-2007 01:21 PM

[censored] moron. Return the phone. The lame "I've lost phones so I've got this coming" excuse doesnt hold any water. Its lame justification.

Return the phone.

Nick