Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Maybe I won't c-bet this time... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524225)

Aaron W. 10-16-2007 12:20 PM

Maybe I won\'t c-bet this time...

Nothing special in the reads department.

PokerStars $1/$2 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero...

KitCloudkicker 10-16-2007 12:23 PM

Re: Maybe I won\'t c-bet this time...

AW i think you know the answer to this one

bravos1 10-16-2007 12:31 PM

We briefly talked about this hand so you know where I stand..

Xylocain 10-16-2007 12:32 PM

Aaron... I think there are some stuff in the reads department. Namely your image at the time! Also I think Button or the BB was the biggest fish on PS.

bravos1 10-16-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aaron... I think there are some stuff in the reads department. Namely your image at the time! Also I think Button or the BB was the biggest fish on PS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure it was BB.

I think AW put "no reads" to make it a more generic situation. At his specific table, I think the choice is even more clear. Details later if you wish, but I'm gonna let some others post their thoughts.

scpi10 10-16-2007 01:00 PM

grunch

I cb when the board looks like this after I raise preflop. I'm sure checking is the better play, but if I knew how to play I'd win money not lose it.

tyler_cracker 10-16-2007 01:01 PM

c/f is fine since you're never taking this down and half the deck is scary even if you happen to be ahead.

bravos1 10-16-2007 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
grunch

I cb when the board looks like this after I raise preflop. I'm sure checking is the better play, but if I knew how to play I'd win money not lose it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Response below in white... Still trying not to sway other people's responses.
<font color="white">That is a pretty big leak if you ask me.</font>

DavidC 10-16-2007 01:29 PM

don't be a pansy, bet/call, fold.

B2_eBoogaloo 10-16-2007 01:29 PM

not only is this likely to have hit a player with at least a pair, it has probably hit someone in terms of a draw. Any gutshot is calling here (correctly), which means they have overcard outs as well. We are never going to be able to successfully bet for value all the way to the river, so it becomes a RIO situation. Any bets going in post-flop UI are spew I think.

Buzz