Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Most impressive play you've ever seen in person (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=302145)

blackjack777 01-09-2007 06:25 AM

Most impressive play you\'ve ever seen in person

For me it was a Ken Griffey Jr. catch at the Kingdome when I was much younger. Against the Indians he basically ran up the wall and made the snag sorta over his back, amazing.

What have you all had the chance to witness in person?

dawade 01-09-2007 07:10 AM

Re: Most impressive play you\'ve ever seen in person

My sophomore year of high school, our men's basketball team hit a half-court buzzer beater to send our team to the state tournament.

Then, in the state finals, our PG took the ball coast-to-coast with ~7 seconds left and threw up a floater in the lane for the win, and to this point, our only men's state title of any shape, form, or fashion.

Victor 01-09-2007 08:04 AM

in high school dude hit a sick bicycle kick from about 22 yards (thats fairly far for a normal shot, just outside the box) on rope in the top corner. no goalie in the world coulda stopped it. i was standing about 5 feet away from the kid.

my dad was filming the game and sent it to the kid.

lozen 01-09-2007 09:37 AM

All those years of wayne Greztky in Edmonton. Tough to choose

JordanIB 01-09-2007 10:45 AM

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2006/10/19/pSZ7DsJG.jpg

NajdorfDefense 01-09-2007 10:54 AM

Ed Cota, full speed on break, throws perfect lob from half-court to Vince Carter off the *backboard* from 47' away against Duke in the Dean Dome.

THAY3R 01-09-2007 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ed Cota, full speed on break, throws perfect lob from half-court to Vince Carter off the *backboard* from 47' away against Duke in the Dean Dome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember the game at Cameron when he did it off the backboard to Vince? If he didn't miss that dunk it probably would have been amongst the best ever.

DrewDevil 01-09-2007 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree this would have been the greatest play in the college basketball history if Carter had thrown it down. And I hate the Heels and everything about them.

Carter actually OVER-dunked the rim, remember? He couldn't get it down because he jumped too high and got tangled up in the rim.

DrewDevil 01-09-2007 12:16 PM

To answer the OP, I went to an Oilers game when I was a kid and watched Earl Campbell break at least 15 tackles and drag about 6 guys into the end zone in the most amazing display of sheer willpower I've ever seen. Every once in a while you see the play on an old highlight show, with Earl's jersey being ripped off and all these guys hanging off of him.

Gregatron 01-09-2007 12:20 PM

High school -- 1997 5A football playoff game.

Greenwood (Mississippi) High school quarterback Cleo Lemon, Jr. (yes, the same guy that plays for the Dolphins) throws a 60-some yard touchdown pass on a hook and ladder with 5 seconds left in the game down by four points to Clarksdale High. (GHS goes on to lose to powerhouse South Panola in the next round.)

I hope I'm remembering this correctly. Hell of a play. The crowd went nuts! (The game was in Greenwood.)