Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Would you put your life on the line? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538381)

Xaston 11-04-2007 06:45 PM

Re: Would you put your life on the line?

Is the guy with the gun Max Maven?

jjshabado 11-04-2007 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BUT according to this site,
http://www.funny2.com/odds.htm
the odds of dying in a car accident the next year is 77 to 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thats [censored]. 1 out of every 78 drivers does not die every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, and thats "transportation accident". A car accident it claims is:

[ QUOTE ]
Chance of dying from a car accident: 1 in 18,585

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect the 1 in 77 is mislabeled. I bet its, if you die next year, theres a 1 in 77 chance it was from a transportation accident.

Shizzle12345 11-04-2007 06:49 PM

Ah well then you get good odds if you do it 1-18585 and not driving a car for the next year.

ElSapo 11-04-2007 06:49 PM

Serious answer to an absurd question: I turn down all amounts at all odds.

I'm not placing a monetary value on my life. I wouldn't bet my [censored] little toe against your $10 million.

mookboi 11-04-2007 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not placing a monetary value on my life. I wouldn't bet my [censored] little toe against your $10 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

You value your little toe @ more than $490M? I mean, seriously, if someone came up to you tommorow and said "$490 mil for yer lil toe, how 'bout it?" you'd say no??

Shizzle12345 11-04-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

You value your little toe @ more than $490M? I mean, seriously, if someone came up to you tommorow and said "$490 mil for yer lil toe, how 'bout it?" you'd say no??

[/ QUOTE ]
id say yes, and give him my other little toe too as a tip. And it looks my symmetrical if you miss both.

jjshabado 11-04-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true. Every action you take has an implicit risk. Easiest to see are activities like crossing the road, driving, flying on a plane, etc. Each of those actions you do because the risk to you is smaller then the utility you get out of doing the action.

ElSapo 11-04-2007 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true. Every action you take has an implicit risk. Easiest to see are activities like crossing the road, driving, flying on a plane, etc. Each of those actions you do because the risk to you is smaller then the utility you get out of doing the action.

[/ QUOTE ]..

I forgot where I was responding.

No, I will not sell you my little toe for $490 million. Nor do I think crossing the street represents a calculated risk.

Being alive carries with it its own risk of death - that's just how it is. But I'm not placing monetary values on any of that. And I'm not going to essentially sell a piece of my body for supposed financial gain.

You feel different? Fine. But I'm not going to try and work out what my physical body is worth, and then try and get good value for chunks of it.

ImsaKidd 11-04-2007 07:17 PM

I pick 27 fwiw

orange 11-04-2007 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd take 1 in 10 probably.

[/ QUOTE ]