Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   K,Qs in BB (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=471376)

xerxesthegod 08-07-2007 07:51 AM

K,Qs in BB

Preflop raiser is 30/20/2 and the rest loose passive players.

What do you think about the three bet preflop???

PokerRoom 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls $1.05 (All-In), Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10.35 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (6.17 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (10.17 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12.17 BB

Oink 08-07-2007 08:00 AM

Re: K,Qs in BB

Preflop is spew.

Turn is player dependent. I would often just call fearing a bet/3-bet line.

Guy McSucker 08-07-2007 08:39 AM

Preflop threebet is bad. Yes, the raiser is aggressive and raises a lot, but he's not stealing here, sitting in the small blind after two limpers. He has something. Your hand is behind his range I think. A big pot is brewing and you are most likely going to have to show down the best hand to win, so don't overplay king high preflop.

Flop is obviously perfect.

On the turn I would often just call. I am deeply worried about that donk especially in a big, protected pot.

If I just call the turn and he bets this river I surely raise. If he threebets, folding is probably right but I'd call hoping to chop.

Obviously when he checks the river it's an easy value bet. See above if raised.

jba 08-07-2007 10:47 AM

really surprised by all the hate for pf. raising an utg limp and a guy all in for 1/6bb is hardly a narrow range for a 30/20/2 guy. we have position and could possibly get some dead money in the pot. pf is fine imo.

"... big, protected pot. "

the main pot is protected, the side pot isn't, and there's barely a SB in the main pot. the turn raise is fine IMO. I have no idea why these other guys are so worried about a 3bet. he's not going to 3bet AQ. if he has 33/66, how can pf be bad? there's a disconnect here. I like how op played this.

bobhalford 08-07-2007 12:00 PM

I don't mind preflop. I'd probably call myself, but there is some value to raising. You can knock out one of the other two limpers and you have position on the SB.

On the turn, the 9 doesn't change anything. If he had 99 (suspect raising hand vs. 2 limpers) he would check-raise. If he had AQ, you would hear about it on the flop. If he was going to wait until the turn with that hand, he wouldn't donk the turn with it. It's just not strong enough to bet/3bet the turn with. So with that in mind, I would raise the turn. More often than not, it's a BS turn donk with TT/AK or some such hand.

So I really can't find much fault with this hand. Were the hand not suited, preflop would just be a call. The fact that it's suited gives you the option, and I don't think one is much better than the other.

Guy McSucker 08-07-2007 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"... big, protected pot. "

the main pot is protected, the side pot isn't

[/ QUOTE ]

By "protected" I just mean lots of players.

Edit: Ah, and now I see we're HU on the turn. Sorry. Ignore.

Westley878 08-07-2007 04:15 PM

I think preflop and turn play are close. I think this hand was played fine.

deviouz 08-08-2007 09:35 AM

a really beutiful hand, but 3 bet? NO! you flopped it real nice though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

acehole60 08-08-2007 09:38 AM

I don't like the preflop 3-bet. In my experience a raise out of the SB in this spot means a strong hand.
I also just call turn so we get to raise the good rivers.

sebastien 08-08-2007 10:58 AM

if vilain is loose and bad he probably call the trebet.
the only reason i raise here it s if i m sure the open call fold to a trebet.the rest i play the same