Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Entertainment Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Transformers... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=438080)

jafeather 06-28-2007 12:14 PM

Transformers...

...opens Tuesday. Considering it will probably be the biggest movie of the summer, I expected to see some opening weekend/opening day/total B.O props by now. Am I just overlooking them?

brendanb438 06-28-2007 11:44 PM

Re: Transformers...

LOL. This won't come close to Spidey.

But the answer to your question is nope. Pinnacle Sports guy who always made Movie Opening Weekend lines left/quit/fired or something a few months ago and since then no sites really offer these since all they did was follow Pinny. Bodog was the last site to offer Movie props with Spidey 3 and they were free money.

Email Bodog and ask for something, they are the only site who might give us something.

-Brendan

GrannyMae 06-29-2007 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But the answer to your question is nope. Pinnacle Sports guy who always made Movie Opening Weekend lines left/quit/fired or something a few months ago and since then no sites really offer these since all they did was follow Pinny. Bodog was the last site to offer Movie props with Spidey 3 and they were free money.

Email Bodog and ask for something, they are the only site who might give us something.

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]

wsex no longer does movie opening props?

rsigley 06-29-2007 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]

wsex no longer does movie opening props?

[/ QUOTE ]

i haven't seen any non american idol/presidential props up on wsex in at least 2 months

volkin 06-29-2007 05:20 PM

Bodog has a line up. Over under is 146.5 million for the week. Over is -125 under -115. 80 million over under for opening weekend. Over is -110 under -130.

The only projection I found was a total Box Office of 330 million at Fantasy Moguls. I don't know how to properly adjust this to produce an opening week/weekend projection for betting purposes and would obviously like to hear others thoughts.

adanthar 06-30-2007 05:07 AM

I don't bet movies, but almost 150 million? really? this sure looks like a movie that nobody will see more than once.

GrannyMae 06-30-2007 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't bet movies, but almost 150 million? really? this sure looks like a movie that nobody will see more than once.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like the under because it looks like a mess in special effects. many would call it brilliant, i call it a mess.

also, i think people are travelling this week.

rsigley 06-30-2007 07:15 PM

i think people are overestimating the popularity of the transformers franchise

most people i talk to have never heard of it, and most who have didn't even know a movie was coming out

i usually deal with people in the 18-25 year old range too

and now they're already starting production on the sequel, i could see a disaster for paramount/dreamworks on this

volkin 06-30-2007 07:42 PM

The under 80 is now at -300 and under 146.5 is at -170. I still haven't seen any projections for the first week and I won't make a bet until I see some. The line moves would indicate that there was probably a lot of value in the under on the initial line, however.

brendanb438 06-30-2007 07:45 PM

Oh yeah there was a lot of value in that under $80 Mill for the weekend. probably worthing hitting up to -500 IMO. Most projections have it doing around $65 Mill for the weekend on the high end. That is why this line has been banged like a $2 whorze.

-Brendan