Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2007 SEC Football Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=488659)

Gregatron 09-09-2007 06:40 PM

Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

I think we will know a lot more about UF after their game with UT this Saturday. Hopefully we can all agree on that.

EDIT: And LSU is playing MTSU. We can how we compare to Louisville's performance.

TruFloridaGator 09-09-2007 06:47 PM

Exactly, I don't care about anything else prior to UT now. Nothing else really matters. If UF dominates UT everyone is going to think UT just sucks and it's absolutely true. If UF barely wins then they both suck & if UF loses then they suck.

It's as if there is no in between and teams aren't going to have learning curves at the beginning of the season. Not everyone is LSU this year.

OSU lost 9 starters on D & made it to the MNC last year meanwhile UF struggled mightily all year and won the MNC. GASP.

Gregatron 09-09-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly, I don't care about anything else prior to UT now. Nothing else really matters. If UF dominates UT everyone is going to think UT just sucks and it's absolutely true. If UF barely wins then they both suck & if UF loses then they suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are a "the glass is half empty" kind of guy aren't you?

TruFloridaGator 09-09-2007 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You are a "the glass is half empty" kind of guy aren't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you get that? I'm saying that's how everyone else views it, not myself.

UF last year is the perfect example. They kind of play average(people would even say suck, wow) all year & win the NC. Go figure. That's why it's silly to write teams off and rank them.

I'd rather discuss who is going to beat who or who may beat UF down the road rather than what rank they are.

Things change week from week, if UF wins handily going in to the LSU game people are going to think it may be an awesome game. Then UF may get blown out or UF could continue to shock LSU at Tiger Stadium like they have in the past. That's why college football is awesome. People look to much in to underrated/overrated because of scheduling early in the season. Just wait & find out.

orange 09-09-2007 09:55 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] TFG.

I too was at the Troy game and agree with your analysis. Our DL is troublesome.

vulturesrow 09-09-2007 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] TFG. It makes my job as a UF fanboy much easier. I just dont know why MT2R has to hate on my Gators like that!!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

BigPoppa 09-09-2007 10:56 PM

Don't worry, I will continue to insist that UT sucks regadless of the results next week, next month, next year.........

FGators 09-09-2007 11:35 PM

I don't like this matchup for UF much at all simply because Ainge is battle tested and simply a good quarterback. He's going to be able to throw at will against this Florida defense, which I really really do NOT trust.

Can UF skate by this?

Sure. But I just think UT has a big edge in the QB department since Ainge has been in this spot before and Tebow really hasn't.

This is going to be a painful year for UF..I think probably 3 losses, maybe four just on the fact that they are going to have to lean on Tebow to win shootouts and though he's been sharp against two cupcakes I think he's just too raw to start being clutch in fourth quarter SEC battles on the road.

Initial prediction:

Florida 38
UT 31.

P.S.: A part of me still has a mancrush for Spurrier and I can't help but be on the bandwagon in a sick sick way that I can't control.

It's like breaking up with a girlfriend that you know you shouldn't still have feelings for but when you see her out you just gotta go back to it at times.

MyTurn2Raise 09-10-2007 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] TFG. It makes my job as a UF fanboy much easier. I just dont know why MT2R has to hate on my Gators like that!!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate on everyone and everything-
go through my post history
-Florida barely begins to get my blood up

vulturesrow 09-10-2007 02:03 AM

I think calling Tebow untested is a bit too harsh. He was placed in some clutch situations last season and he came through every time. I know that he hasnt had to manage a tough game from end to end but he was asked to step up and make some big plays last season and he delivered, even with defenses keying on him.