Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   I really need help with this spot. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557364)

Lagtastic 11-29-2007 05:01 PM

I really need help with this spot.

1-2 NL Live

Hero: 410.00, 2nd in chips to the villian.
Villian: Covers me buy a decent amount. He has played very tight to this point, only showing down premo hands.

Hero is dealt 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the small blind. Folds to button, she limps, I raise to 10, only the BB calls.

FLOP: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I lead for 30, BB Calls

Turn J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero leads 90 Villian Raises to put me all in for the rest of my stack.

I am really lost at this point, is this really that easy of a call? All advice is appreciated.

Paul Thomson 11-29-2007 05:08 PM

Re: I really need help with this spot.

i don't know. live hands suck balls. do u know anything about the villain game. it seems like a fold. but does the villain ever possibly think that QJ or TJ is hte nuts here?

Ranma4703 11-29-2007 05:10 PM

540 in the pot, 280 to call, seems like a call to me with full house outs + chances you are ahead.

the machine 11-29-2007 05:13 PM

if you figure to be behind id let it go. you say hes been solid so far and do you think hes the type to overplay 2 pair, because thats all you are ahead of. we now have to call off 280 into 540 giving us ~2:1 and were at least a 3.5:1 dog to any hand that beats us.

if hes only capable of having a higher set or better then its a fold.

PUBgrub 11-29-2007 05:18 PM

if he has the flush or AK you have ~20% equity. fold. i dislike the turn bet a lot.

Lagtastic 11-29-2007 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he has the flush or AK you have ~20% equity. i dislike the turn bet a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, after the fact i did to... you suggest a check?

the machine 11-29-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if he has the flush or AK you have ~20% equity. i dislike the turn bet a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, after the fact i did to... you suggest a check?

[/ QUOTE ]

no way in hell do you check this turn. youd hate to have him check behind and draw to a flush or straight for free, KsJ, As10, etc

PUBgrub 11-29-2007 05:22 PM

no i still think betting is the right play. if i were in that spot i would fire about 3/4 the pot like ~65ish, that way if he pushes you can get away from it easier.

edit: by betting the pot i think you also fold out a lot of hands that would call a 3/4 pot bet like a two pair or TPTK.

Tempel 11-29-2007 05:22 PM

this is a fold imo, the only hand you beat is the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Jx, i dont see mr tight shove over your bet with worse holdings then you (unless your image is weaktight-will-fold-turn and he knows that..)

against an average liveplayer id call though. because they'd come over the top with a bare draw or top-two and all the other stuff you can imagine [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

orange 11-29-2007 05:23 PM

ugh probably a fold. i would consider c/c-ing the turn this deep. though the live player in me says to call this