Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   ZeeJustin>>>>>> Phil Hellmuth (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=438509)

Pudge714 06-28-2007 10:54 PM

ZeeJustin>>>>>> Phil Hellmuth

http://www.pokernews.com/live-report...ldem-6-handed/
Justin Bonomo bets out 4,500 on the turn of {3-Diamonds}{7-Diamonds}{J-Diamonds}{K-Spades} and Phil Hellmuth calls. Bonomo bets out 12K on a river of {J-Spades} and Phil calls. Bonomo shows {K-Clubs}{J-Hearts} for the boat and Hellmuth mucks.

Following the hand, Hellmuth utters "effing amateur" to Bonomo and follows with "You've been raising every hand, you can't have a hand ever time!" -- which he had apparently also said while Bonomo was in the middle of previous hands.

Bonomo calls the floor over and tells them that Hellmuth had not only called him an "effing amateur," but also has been talking about how Bonomo can't have a hand WHILE Bonomo is currently in a hand. Phil acknowledged that talking while Bonomo was in a hand was out of line and said he was just steaming and apologized.

Bonomo responds "You apologized before. You did it to me in the 50K, you did it to me at Bellagio, you can't influence action while I'm in a hand!" Phil again apologizes. Bonomo says "You apologized before, just stop doing it. You're supposed to be a professional, stop acting like an amateur."

The Tournament Director tells them both not to talk while the other is in a hand and gives them both a warning.

Two minutes go by (Hellmuth visibly steaming the entire time) and Hellmuth mumbles, "He really has been raising every hand."

Justin comes back with "You know what Phil, then re-raise me."

Unless this table breaks, this is surely not the last of this battle.

Gobias Ind. 06-28-2007 10:56 PM

Re: ZeeJustin>>>>>> Phil Hellmuth

[censored] AWESOME!!!

What's makes this even funnier is that Hellmuth has no clue who he is. So he just thinks it's some random kid mouthing off to him.

NajdorfDefense 06-28-2007 10:59 PM

Re: ZeeJustin <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Phil Hellmuth

Double-digit bracelets &gt; 6 horses and no bracelets.

Popinjay 06-28-2007 11:01 PM

Tico would be disappointed.

BowToYourSensei 06-28-2007 11:02 PM

Re: ZeeJustin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Phil Hellmuth

i have never actually had any respect for zeejustin til i read this

so awesome

bigbabyjesus 06-28-2007 11:03 PM

Wow that is pure ownage.

uter 06-28-2007 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Double-digit bracelets &gt; 6 horses and no bracelets.

[/ QUOTE ]

poll for everyone -

wonderwes 06-28-2007 11:14 PM

Maybe ZeeJustin can sign his book for Phil. I think the title was Multiplicity

prohornblower 06-28-2007 11:22 PM

I'm pretty sure they had a similar run-in about 5 months ago or so. Phil basically called Justin #4 an amateur and Justin #6 didn't take kindly to it.

Seriously though, they had some run-in in which Phil basically underestimated aloud how good ZJ is at tournaments.

beans 06-28-2007 11:27 PM

maybe phil's just pissed because justin outlasted him in the HORSE event.

justin &gt; 18th
phil &gt; the day before

CincyLady 06-28-2007 11:28 PM

The problem is that the last few years the Pro's have enjoyed a lot of 'hero worship' from the general public, and many (of the general public) are now realizing that while in most cases they (the Pro's) are very good players, they are NOT the Gods they first thought they were.

I think people like Phil H. think everyone he hasn't know for years personally, should be bowing down and kissing his feet and folding every hand to his raises or something of the like.

Put simply, Phil (and the pro's just like him in their attitudes) can't handle the fact, that people are no longer falling down at their feet, and worshiping them.

I say to Phil, get a grip, the days of when you could push around the table just on name and Face Recognition, are either over, or are about to be over very soon.

FoxwoodsFiend 06-28-2007 11:30 PM

Dear NVG,

Please make more jokes about the fact that Justin used to multiaccount.

Sincerely,
Your adoring fands at twoplustwo

David LoPan 06-28-2007 11:31 PM

Phil is good at no limit tournaments obviously but it doesn't negate the fact that he's basically a running joke to the inner circles of the poker community.

Everyone either dislikes or has so much disdain for him that its his alienation that makes him bitter.

He needs years and years of therapy but in the end he will most likely die an unhappy and lonely man like many misanthropes.

FakeKramer 06-28-2007 11:40 PM

Oh wow. Before I opened this thread, in my mind, Hellmuth=badass, Bonomo=a bit of a [censored]. Flip descriptors now. Nice!

aggie 06-28-2007 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear NVG,

Sincerely,

[/ QUOTE ]

NVG will stop make ZJ multiaccouting jokes the day they stop making Brandi POB jokes.

rothko 06-28-2007 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear NVG,

Sincerely,
Your adoring fans at twoplustwo

[/ QUOTE ]

HEK 06-28-2007 11:49 PM

zeejustin rules.

jman220 06-28-2007 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dear NVG,

Sincerely,

[/ QUOTE ]

NVG will stop make ZJ multiaccouting jokes the day they stop making Brandi POB jokes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we're never going to hear the end of either of it, not since Justin put six penises on Brandi's back at the same time.

Equal 06-28-2007 11:54 PM

I dont understand why Hellmuth wasnt given some sort of penalty. Especially someone of Hellmuth's stature can certainly influence a decision.

TIEdup14 06-29-2007 12:01 AM

this is incredibly standard anyone vs. hellmuth banter

dont know why everyone is on zj's nuts for "having the balls" to say this to ph's face, I've seen this exact exchange almost word for word countless times on TV-- most of you have as well

stakman1011 06-29-2007 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we're never going to hear the end of either of it, not since Justin put six penises on Brandi's back at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Jman wins the thread.

First ZJ multiaccounting joke I actually laughed at in months.

LonesomeFugitive 06-29-2007 12:12 AM

this doesn't change the fact that zeejusting is an awful human being.

curtains 06-29-2007 12:14 AM

You guys need to get over this ZJ [censored]. dozens of regular posters on here did the exact same thing and just didnt get caught. Everyone knows it, and I wish a few of the offenders would just step up so that everyone would get off ZJs case all the time and instead blame everyone equally.

Squareview 06-29-2007 12:17 AM

6 zjs attack 1 ph now go

gobboboy 06-29-2007 12:18 AM

Well said, curtains, and not only that, but there are plenty of people STILL doing it now and haven't (and never will) been caught. I have no clue why everyone thinks Justin's such an 'awful human being' for one thing which he clearly already said he regretted. It happened a while ago and he paid for it.

But enough of that, Justin's awesome and he's trashing Hellmuth verbally and at the table. Go Justin.

iRock 06-29-2007 12:18 AM

Riverboatking, Hallingol, and I played his table for about 3 hrs. He was very annoying. He yelled at the dealer a few times, every time someone bet it was apparently the biggest decision ever. He'd get up around walk talk to people around the room. It was pretty embarrassing for his apparent ability.

He made some sweet calls like a snap call preflop all in with A10 against JJ and won. He shoved preflop with AJ over my 33. I called after a few minutes afterwards he hits a J on a river and says well I wanted him to call. Not sure what that means.

He kept trying to call out rbk for not ante-ing 25 chips. It was rather ridiculous to the point they had to call the floor over.

I'd say phil played pretty close to the worst at the table, and definitely acted the worst. It was pretty pathetic how many times he told our side of the table how good he was. No one cared. He said he was worth a billion dollars and building an empire or something.

He finally knocked me out when I had a little less than 3k, and shoved the button with 150/300 blinds. I had AA, he went back and forth for a while, then he said "you weren't talking when you were big before I call!" I was talking to rbk about something else i don't remember. My AA couldn't crack his A9 for about a 3rd of his stack. Well played phil you are a class act.

augie_ 06-29-2007 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys need to get over this ZJ [censored]. dozens of regular posters on here did the exact same thing and just didnt get caught. Everyone knows it, and I wish a few of the offenders would just step up so that everyone would get off ZJs case all the time and instead blame everyone equally.

[/ QUOTE ]

at turning stone a couple of years ago Veronica O was telling the table some dumb story about a guy who chopped the nightly $10r with himself. we all had a good laugh.

wpr101 06-29-2007 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. I think a lot of us would have taken advantage of that bug in Party's software if we had known about it as well. Also, why does everybody forgot that JJProdigy was the original person to get caught?

curtains 06-29-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. I think a lot of us would have taken advantage of that bug in Party's software if we had known about it as well. Also, why does everybody forgot that JJProdigy was the original person to get caught?

[/ QUOTE ]

dozens of people did it and many posters know at least a few of them. I guess some people still do, although I don't know anyone now.

Daliman 06-29-2007 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Much of the ZJ hating is because of his behavior since the multiaccounting, but it's there's only so many tico jokes you can make. Feel free to riff on CPOY guarantees and such, to balance things out.

wpr101 06-29-2007 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dozens of people did it and many posters know at least a few of them. I guess some people still do, although I don't know anyone now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, nobody would admit to it now.

I'm sure there are a lot of players on this site who if they have the skill/opportunity to create a winning bot they would do it. There's literally no legal consequences of cheating on a poker site; you just get your account banned.

curtains 06-29-2007 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Much of the ZJ hating is because of his behavior since the multiaccounting, but it's there's only so many tico jokes you can make. Feel free to riff on CPOY guarantees and such, to balance things out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I forgot, his response to being outed was basically the worst advised post in the history of 2+2. It was almost as if he wanted as little sympathy as humanly possible.

cbloom 06-29-2007 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because lots of people are cheating doesn't make it ok.

FWIW I think ZJ's crime is very minor in the scheme of poker scummery and not worth bringing up all the time.

prophet73 06-29-2007 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but there are plenty of people STILL doing it now and haven't (and never will) been caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I sound dense, but how do they still do it? Just sign-up for two accounts and have two laptops next to each other? Or maybe have two internet connections?

Maybe I'm naive and it's way simpler than that?

beans 06-29-2007 01:08 AM

http://poker.bodogbeat.com/justin-bonomo-pwns-phil-hellmuth-at-2007-world-series-of-poker-26609.html

UPDATE: Justin was moved away from Phil after the dinner break and seated next to Men "The Master" Nguyen, one of the chip leaders. Apparently, Men expected the same deferential treatment as Phil did because after Justin called him down on two hands in a row and took about 8k from him, he started grumbling at Justin inaudibly. We'll assume they were not compliments as Justin was definitely not smiling. Men was so on tilt that he turned around and started yelling at some railbirds, accusing them of looking at his hole cards and giving away tells. The railbirds responded, "we don't care a thing about you, we're watching our friend Steve." (Steve was seated to Men's right.) Men just started grumbling again.

Justin has now been moved to another table and promptly took 10k off the guy to his right on the first hand. He is on a tear right now.

RikaKazak 06-29-2007 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have never actually had any respect for zeejustin til i read this

so awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the same way

RubbishCards 06-29-2007 01:18 AM

ZJ is wearing Bodog gear in that link. Does he have have some endorsement deal with Bodog, who got rid of Jamie Gold because they aren't doing endorsement deals any more?

*edit* well they refer to him as "Team Bodog poker player" so I guess he does then.

AJackson 06-29-2007 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but there are plenty of people STILL doing it now and haven't (and never will) been caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I sound dense, but how do they still do it? Just sign-up for two accounts and have two laptops next to each other? Or maybe have two internet connections?

Maybe I'm naive and it's way simpler than that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Had they used separate internet connections they probably would have never gotten caught.

You could open up multiple lobbies by repeatedly clicking on PP very quickly. Opening up new accounts was no big deal, Party never really monitored this as long as you didn't use the same funding/withdrawl method.

They guys who did this just played all the accounts from the same computer, making me wonder why it took other players reporting them for them to get caught.

I have no idea how they did it on Stars.

buddypup 06-29-2007 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear NVG,

Sincerely,

[/ QUOTE ]

....and hellmuth doesnt have horses at every tourney he plays in?

Degenerasian 06-29-2007 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dear NVG,

Sincerely,

[/ QUOTE ]

....and hellmuth doesnt have horses at every tourney he plays in?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...is this serious?