Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Need to make up 1000 calories (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555712)

meleader2 11-27-2007 05:04 PM

Need to make up 1000 calories

Using fitday.com (awesome program) it seems that i'm coming up at least 1k calories short on my day based on my occupation (sitting).

i'm trying to gain weight.

i'm 6'-1, 135 lbs. after netting the calories i'm at 1500~ for the day (thats with a bfast, 2 lunches, dinner)

i'm spreading my meals so my body has time to use and not waste all my protein/carbs. i'm looking for a way to make up my last 1k calories i need to consume, spread out over the course of the rest of my evening.

i wanna stay away from saturated fats, but the only food i've found with low sat, high poly/mono is flax seed, which when eaten in insane amounts (1 cup would put me over the 1k amount) gives you the runs. don't want that.

honey seems like a solid candidate, it's ALL carbs, but i want to know if there's a better way that i clearly can't think of.

thanks in advance

also if need be i'll submit my list of foods for those that are curious (grouped by meal)

Jordan 11-27-2007 05:36 PM

Re: Need to make up 1000 calories

eat some peanut butter, or cottage cheese. eat bigger portions of whatever you're currently eating. add in another dinner. there's lots of things you can do...

meleader2 11-27-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bigger portions of whatever you're currently eating

[/ QUOTE ]

how much is too much before your intestines won't absorb it

Doug Funnie II 11-27-2007 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
eat some peanut butter, or cottage cheese. eat bigger portions of whatever you're currently eating. add in another dinner. there's lots of things you can do...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a protein shake I've been having before bed:
Half a cup of cottage cheese, 2 tbsps peanut butter, whole banana, diet hot chocolate mix (for flavor) or half a scoop of whey if I'm low on protein that day. Throw it in the blender with some ice and thats like 600 cals right there.

Only problem is it usually comes out to be about a quart so sometimes its a little hard to get to sleep.

Thremp 11-27-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More than you can get in there.

Scary_Tiger 11-27-2007 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol what?

Also, how do people get through the day on 1500 calories geez.

POKEROMGLOL 11-27-2007 08:19 PM

ADSKJFHJSKDFH I HATE THESE THREADS.

damn naturally skinny people.

maniacut 11-28-2007 03:00 AM

all these hardgainer posts, it's like always the same stuff. Heres a revolutionary theory that might help you add 1000 calories to your daily intake: add 200 calories at every meal. Keep the 200 calories in line with whatever carb/protein/fat ratio you're working with and you have instant success...

POKEROMGLOL 11-28-2007 04:10 AM

go to qdoba, drink lots of coke. it helped me add 1k calories and gain weight easily!!

theblackkeys 11-28-2007 04:25 AM

How hard is it to eat a nice juicy cheeseburger, a medium pizza, some burritos or tacos or other "non optimal" foods? Seriously, you need to first get in enough calories and THEN worry about efficiency, maximization and other ancillary issues.

Chow down dude. Also, I so envy you. I'd be the happiest man on earth if I could eat tacos, pizza, fries and cheeseburgers all day everyday.