Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Simple blind battle hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541759)

NinaWilliams 11-08-2007 11:06 PM

Simple blind battle hand

No stats on villain. Earlier he cold called 22 otb, I 3 bet in the bb, raiser caps, flop Q63 he raises, so hes probably a little on the lag side. Hes just limped in the sb the last 2 orbits.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>,

milesdyson 11-08-2007 11:26 PM

Re: Simple blind battle hand

i think you have to call, especially because a 3 is money. he'll bluff his whole range repping the ace and at least call when he actually has Ax.

sharpie 11-08-2007 11:28 PM

He's probably barreling most of his range on the turn, so you often have 7-10 outs and sometimes the best hand. I'd peel and reevaluate.

thepizzlefosho 11-08-2007 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's probably barreling most of his range on the turn, so you often have 7-10 outs and sometimes the best hand. I'd peel and reevaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Also if he is UI he'll often check the river either intending to c/c or c/f, so you might get to the SD with just a turn call.

vmacosta 11-09-2007 01:02 AM

5:2 to call down with ~35% equity is plenty for me, particularly with nice implied odds and the ability to change my mind if a Q or J comes on the river.

Catsailor 11-09-2007 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5:2 to call down with ~35% equity is plenty for me, particularly with nice implied odds and the ability to change my mind if a Q or J comes on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am trying to understand these numbers. You are getting 5 to 1 on this round. If you are counting effective odds, doesn't the turn call make it 6 to 2? Please explain if this is wrong because I'm having a little trouble grasping.

slamhound 11-09-2007 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I am trying to understand these numbers. You are getting 5 to 1 on this round. If you are counting effective odds, doesn't the turn call make it 6 to 2? Please explain if this is wrong because I'm having a little trouble grasping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Current pot+villain's bets on turn/river:cost to call down. So 5:2.

thepizzlefosho 11-09-2007 02:08 AM

you're getting 4-1 this round (check OP 3BB pot + villains 1BB) and if you assume he bets the river that makes it 5-2 to see a SD.

Catsailor 11-09-2007 02:12 AM

yea I got it, I didn't note the change from smallbet to bigbet. Thanks for explanation.
Note to self "When I am too impaired to play=I am too impaired to post"