Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

wingchunflush 11-27-2007 12:51 PM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

I dont want to hear it, I had my roll up to $600 (I know its not crap to most of you guys) and through bad play, running bad, tilt I am down now to $100. I am back playing $5nl and not crusing it either...God I suck....someone give me some pro-bono coaching/luck.

derosnec 11-27-2007 12:53 PM

i played a 12/180 recently as i was multiabling 50nl, so i wasn't paying attention really. next thing i know we are down to about 30 people and i think i had played 2 hands. ended up finishing 3rd. to say these things are soft is an understatement.

ama0330 11-27-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont want to hear it, I had my roll up to $600 (I know its not crap to most of you guys) and through bad play, running bad, tilt I am down now to $100. I am back playing $5nl and not crusing it either...God I suck....someone give me some pro-bono coaching/luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

outstanding bankroll manangement sir

derosnec 11-27-2007 01:00 PM

take the $100 and played $5 HU SNGs, they are super soft and will build your roll much quicker than 5nl 6max. Although might be bad if you're prone to tilt.

hennnerz 11-27-2007 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyways, i signed up for Leggopoker today and am cancelling my subscription to CR because the the FP/Brystmar/MW/SNG/LHE vids don't do anything for me and aba/cts don't make many vids. i'm sure you were all dying to know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I sign up on their site or via 2p2 if there is such a way?

I don't wanna miss out on anything free...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wilpro 11-27-2007 01:19 PM

Don't play heads up if you are running bad. Those things are brutal, you will constanly get your money in good and lose, causing mega tilt.

derosnec 11-27-2007 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyways, i signed up for Leggopoker today and am cancelling my subscription to CR because the the FP/Brystmar/MW/SNG/LHE vids don't do anything for me and aba/cts don't make many vids. i'm sure you were all dying to know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should I sign up on their site or via 2p2 if there is such a way?

I don't wanna miss out on anything free...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would recommend it. you have winning 2+2ers who have been playing for a while and who post very well showing you videos of their play.

only caveat might be that most of their videos (at the moment) are at higher stakes, so they are playing against more aggressive, presumably thinking, opponents, so the lines they take and even their logic might not be applicable to micros. for example, if one of them in their videos decides to double or triple barrel because the opponent's hand can't take the pressure or whatever, that might work at higher stakes but at our stakes might be throwing away money (same goes for 3betting/4betting light pf).

anyways, that said, i would still take vids by bobbo, carrotsnake, etc., over brystmar, FP, etc. any day (not to start a training site war or anything), just my personal imo.

thing85 11-27-2007 01:30 PM

For a winning player at 50NL, could your $/hour win rate ever be as good playing 12/180's? It doesn't seem like it. Makes me wonder why winning cash players bother with those things unless they have intentions of moving to much higher stake tourneys. Also, I guess it makes sense if you really enjoy them (but the rusty fork comment above was spot on).

derosnec 11-27-2007 01:32 PM

doubt it, but its nice to break the routine once in a while and play against the social security crowd.

thing85 11-27-2007 01:36 PM

Today, so far...
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9362/todaysl5.jpg

Please be sustainable...