Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

HBomb 11-19-2007 01:46 AM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

What a way to end the night...

I was eyeing down this donk the ENTIREEE night at one of my $50 NL tables. I was able to accumulate a 300+ BB stack at one point but eventually started whittling down to some bad beats and some of his big river bets where I knew he had crap, but just couldn't call with marginal pocket pairs.

Then as I'm considering winding down my session, I notice that he's also been slowly being chipped away by other regulars at my table trying to get a piece of him.

So... I'm now down to roughly 200BB's only and he still has roughly a 300 BB stack.. I get 23s UTG and I decide to open 4x with it... whole table folds around to him where he just smooth calls from the BB OOP.

Flop is 223! (I just flopped a boat, how should I tarp him?@)

I bet $3 into it trying to build the pot, he smooth calls.

Turn is J I believe. I now bet $6, once again he check/calls again.

River is a 5 of spade.
As I'm waiting for him to check, suprisingly he leads into me for $14+ into the already $20 pot... so I'm like, is this really happening? Is he block betting me, thinking he's trapped me up until this point?

I think not, and I know I have to shove here and if he has me coolered with a donked out higher boat, then so be it. And I shove ARRRRIIIINN!!!

I raised $80+ more at $50 NL and he insta calls it! He flips over A4 for just a wheel as I finally took down the donk I couldn't get a grasp (or hands) on for most of the night.

First 400+ BB pot of November.... Ship it.

dawade 11-19-2007 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What a way to end the night...

I was eyeing down this donk the ENTIREEE night at one of my $50 NL tables. I was able to accumulate a 300+ BB stack at one point but eventually started whittling down to some bad beats and some of his big river bets where I knew he had crap, but just couldn't call with marginal pocket pairs.

Then as I'm considering winding down my session, I notice that he's also been slowly being chipped away by other regulars at my table trying to get a piece of him.

So... I'm now down to roughly 200BB's only and he still has roughly a 300 BB stack.. I get 23s UTG and I decide to open 4x with it... whole table folds around to him where he just smooth calls from the BB OOP.

Flop is 223! (I just flopped a boat, how should I tarp him?@)

I bet $3 into it trying to build the pot, he smooth calls.

Turn is J I believe. I now bet $6, once again he check/calls again.

River is a 5 of spade.
As I'm waiting for him to check, suprisingly he leads into me for $14+ into the already $20 pot... so I'm like, is this really happening? Is he block betting me, thinking he's trapped me up until this point?

I think not, and I know I have to shove here and if he has me coolered with a donked out higher boat, then so be it. And I shove ARRRRIIIINN!!!

I raised $80+ more at $50 NL and he insta calls it! He flips over A4 for just a wheel as I finally took down the donk I couldn't get a grasp (or hands) on for most of the night.

First 400+ BB pot of November.... Ship it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop

HBomb 11-19-2007 01:53 AM

On a side note, there's a good chance I'm going to Atlantic City tommorow, thinking about hitting up some 1/2 NL at the Taj to beat up on some grandpa's and asians who just love to gamble... wish me luck... altho I'm tempted to add any possible live winnings to my online roll towards my goal... which I'm not sure if it's being ethical to myself by reaching my goal by only $50 NL online..

corsakh 11-19-2007 02:11 AM

23s is a fine hand to raise preflop from any position at the table as long as you have position on the main donk.

I recently noticed that my positional stats are more fluid than I thought they were, and if there is a big donator at the table I build my ranges according to my relative position on him rather than my absolute at the table.

ShipitFMA 11-19-2007 02:21 AM

Yo brew, whats that site you can subscribe to that ships the pokerstars HH's every day?

Bantam222 11-19-2007 02:35 AM

I think i remember lilholdem or whatever his name is the really good MTT player once said he would rather raise 23s then a mediocrity hand because at least if he hits, he know people aren't going to be calling his raises with 2s or 3s so if he hits he can be sure he's good

ShipitFMA 11-19-2007 02:37 AM

i bet lil holdem can't count above 10

derosnec 11-19-2007 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think i remember lilholdem or whatever his name is the really good MTT player once said he would rather raise 23s then a mediocrity hand because at least if he hits, he know people aren't going to be calling his raises with 2s or 3s so if he hits he can be sure he's good

[/ QUOTE ]

tournament players. god bless them.

fozzy71 11-19-2007 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think i remember lilholdem or whatever his name is the really sorta lucky, but thinks he's good MTT player once said he would rather raise 23s then a mediocrity hand because at least if he hits, he know people aren't going to be calling his raises with 2s or 3s so if he hits he can be sure he's good

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

DaycareInferno 11-19-2007 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess the one flaw would be that they could have a pair of 4s? what the hell does that even mean?