Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   NL5, QQ, paired rb board, A on turn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520615)

ozapo 10-11-2007 09:38 AM

NL5, QQ, paired rb board, A on turn

Party Poker, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $5.11
BB: $4.9
UTG: $5.97
UTG+1: $4.94
MP1: $5.26
Hero (MP2): $7.44
CO: $6.05
BTN: $5

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP2)
UTG calls $0.04, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.20</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.18, BB calls $0.16, UTG folds

Flop: ($0.64) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.20</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.60</font>, SB calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.84) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.84) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.44</font>, Hero folds

Results: $1.84 Pot
SB mucked and WON $2.19 (+$1.39 NET)

Anything I could have done different [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I figured he would only call the flop reraise with AK or a set. Possible TT-JJ with the check on the turn and small bet on river?

AlexB182 10-11-2007 09:47 AM

Re: NL5, QQ, paired rb board, A on turn

Raise a little more on the flop to 0.80.
Bet again on the turn, he b/c on the flop so he maybe has like T9,J9,TT and stuff, no reason to think this A has helped him a lot.
If you're scared to value bet again on the river just check behind, I'd put in a small VB here though.

As played call the river, you have 5 - 1 odds with only one over that he does not have to have.
Only scary thing here is a slowplayed 3, but that would be a very strange line for villain to take here.

redlotus 10-11-2007 09:47 AM

I think that villain's range is a bit wider than you think. Judging by the play, he's mostly likely to have K9, Q9, medium PP, or slow-played A9.

You should have put in a 1/2-pot info-bet (or a representing the ace bet). Since you didn't do this, villain could have anything on the river.

jaydreb 10-11-2007 09:49 AM

I'm OK with checking behind on the turn, but if you check the turn then you HAVE to call weak river bets like this one b/c the odds of a bluff go way up.

ElectricWaffles 10-11-2007 10:44 AM

I'd agree with jaydreb. If you check the turn you really should call a small river bet.

I'm undecided about betting the turn, though betting would be my instinctual play. The ace could kill the action, so he may only call a bet with a better hand than you've got, but fold ones you beat. Also if you check he might bluff the river so you get extra value from hands that would fold to a bet.