Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Legislation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Vulnerable House Internet Poker Opponents (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=433273)

TheEngineer 06-22-2007 08:25 AM

Vulnerable House Internet Poker Opponents

The entire House is up for re-election next year, as is 1/3 of the Senate. I wonder if we can't put together a list of the ten or so most vulnerable representatives, plus a couple of senators. It sure would be nice if we could "Leach" a few more out of office. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

oldbookguy 06-22-2007 08:32 AM

Re: Vulnerable House Internet Poker Opponents

We can, as I understand it of the Senators 22 are Republicans as well.

obg

Uglyowl 06-22-2007 08:36 AM

Good idea, I would like to make some noise again this election.

Rasmussen Reports usually has something, but it may be too early. I would love to see the Dems put someone strong against Goodlatte.

CountingMyOuts 06-22-2007 08:38 AM

Rep. Deborah Pryce (R, OH-15) voted "yea" for HR4411. She was reelected by only a few hundred votes in the last election and there was a recount. She has Ohio State University as part of her district.

TheEngineer 06-22-2007 08:41 AM

For starters, I think all Northeast and West Coast Republicans are at risk. Chris Shays tops this list, IMHO. I think he stands a good chance of finding himself Leached. He's considered a RINO by Republican stalwarts, yet isn't considered liberal by Dems. He's in no-man's land, subsisting on incumbancy alone.

Bob Goodlatte ran essentially unopposed last time. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I hope that won't be the case this year.

Sen. Kyl won in 2006, so he won't be up until 2012.

Rep. Bachus was unopposed in 2002, 2004, and 2006! (WTF is with the people in that district???) Bush won 78% of that district's vote.

Legislurker 06-22-2007 08:42 AM

Good or bad, the most vulnerable House members are Dems who beat Republicans last time around, Incumbency is God in the House. They are NOT who we want to target at this time. I would think we should pick small state, preferably Midwest or Rocky Mt Senators who are Republican. States where a few thousand voters make a difference, and 25-50k in donations means a lot. If we have a year plus to start, I think we can raise 25k for 4 Senate runs each, and 10k for 10 House runs, provided we find ten anti-gambling zealots in vulnerable districts. 200k from 2+2.

CountingMyOuts 06-22-2007 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob Goodlatte ran essentially unopposed last time. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I hope that won't be the case this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

There really is no hope for getting him out. Running basically unopposed is a certainty for him.

FWIW, Barney Frank runs unopposed, also.

Legislurker 06-22-2007 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rep. Deborah Pryce (R, OH-15) voted "yea" for HR4411. She was reelected by only a few hundred votes in the last election and there was a recount. She has Ohio State University as part of her district.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome target.

TheEngineer 06-22-2007 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, great target.

TheEngineer 06-22-2007 09:09 AM

Geoff Davis (R-KY) is a good target. He almost lost last time, he's on the House Financial Services Committee (a powerful spot from which to oppose us), and he likely supported the McConnell horse racing carve-out.