Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Am I overrated (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376288)

Gildwulf 04-11-2007 06:44 PM

Re: Am I overrated

i don't really know you, but usually people who start threads about themselves asking if they are overrated are overrated

whoisthedrizzle 04-11-2007 06:51 PM

you're so overrated by everyone else that i underrate you

PokerGolfFiend 04-11-2007 06:52 PM

Thayer, im not gunna lie.
i watch you play and i constantly see FT's
i think your sick.

THAY3R 04-11-2007 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thay3r im going to be honest i dont know who u are

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably vote underrated then.

THAY3R 04-11-2007 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, but it's obvious you have a high opinion of yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think depending on the person, I'm either way underrated or way overrated. On some sites I have been ranked as the best online tourney player in the world. I don't think this is correct, though I do think I am one of the best.

On the other hand, it seems like other top players really don't respect me at all.

Also, many people tend to think I'm just a donkament player, but I play pretty big cash games as well, just not so much online any more.

MasterLJ 04-11-2007 07:03 PM

I think you are arrogant. It might be confidence, it might not be.

There's no doubt you're a good tourny player, but on the other hand your big accomplishments have been so close together it's likely significantly due to +MTT Variance.

If you are beating the games up this bad 3 years down the line, I'll say you are underrated.

barryc83 04-11-2007 07:05 PM

well youre definitely no shaundeeb

apefish 04-11-2007 07:08 PM

What's your rating on hot or not? Deep down we all know this is the only thing that matters.

DannyOcean_ 04-11-2007 07:10 PM

I think the thayer v. shaundeeb debate is like the chicken v egg debate. There is no right answer.

Thayer, here's a question for you. It's slightly tilted towards final table skill, but ignore that and focus on the real issue.

You are at a final table. Who are the other 9 players at the table such that your expected cash or expected equity is the lowest?

Is this equity lower or higher than if you were playing 9 XXXXXXX's, where XXXXXXX is the player you consider the most difficult to play against in the world.

Is this equity lower or higher than if you were playing 9 copies of yourself?

If you think your equity is lowest when you play your own copies, you think you are the best player in the world.

Just curious about who you think the best players are and how you rate yourself to them.

cameronw01 04-11-2007 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where is bastard? seriously though where is accurately rated?

[/ QUOTE ]
genius's think alike

[/ QUOTE ]

BEST POST EVER.