Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   I think I found my new computer chair... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552833)

SirFelixCat 11-23-2007 11:28 AM

I think I found my new computer chair...

Raynor Ergohuman High-Back Mesh Chair (ME7ERG)

Custom Colors!

Everything is adjustable!

This is, by FAR, the cheapest I have seen this type of chair. I've considered a Herman Miller "Aeron" as well as the Humanscale "Freedom". A few months ago, the idea of spending $500+ on a $#%@ chair was insane. But, seeing as I'm going to be spending a ton of time everyday infront of my computer, it now seems like a wise investment. My back, which I already injured last spring, will thank me.

One very nice advantage of the Raynor isn't just the price, but the fact that Office Depot has this locally, I can use it for a month and if I don't like it, I can return it w/o penalty. Plus, as with all the others, a lifetime warranty to boot.

So, does anyone have this chair or have any other input on great (or horrible) computer/office chairs they have or have used?

catalyst 11-23-2007 12:41 PM

Re: I think I found my new computer chair...

that is one hideous looking chair

SirFelixCat 11-23-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A: Who gives two [censored] what it looks like...it's all about comfort and that bad boy is that.

B: What would you recommend to look "cool"?

catalyst 11-23-2007 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A: Who gives two [censored] what it looks like...it's all about comfort and that bad boy is that.

B: What would you recommend to look "cool"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Relax, it's just an ugly chair.

TheBeats 11-23-2007 01:53 PM

I have an Aeron chair, I must admit the decision was based on both looks and comfort. I can't however fault it in terms of comfort.

I'd been crunched over a badly positioned pc for a while and it really wasn't doing my back any favours. Take some time choosing a chair, remember a back is for life not just for xmas [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Aeron chairs are solid so picking one up 2nd hand isn't such a bad idea if you can view it before you buy.

cbebop007 11-24-2007 02:20 AM

I wouldn't want anyone to see me sitting in that chair...

Poshua 11-24-2007 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have an Aeron chair, I must admit the decision was based on both looks and comfort. I can't however fault it in terms of comfort.

I'd been crunched over a badly positioned pc for a while and it really wasn't doing my back any favours. Take some time choosing a chair, remember a back is for life not just for xmas [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Aeron chairs are solid so picking one up 2nd hand isn't such a bad idea if you can view it before you buy.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have Aeron chairs at work. I love mine. Some of my co-workers hate them though. YMMV.

SirFelixCat 11-24-2007 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have Aeron chairs at work. I love mine. Some of my co-workers hate them though. YMMV.

[/ QUOTE ]

And see, this is my problem. It's not like local stores have these things and I'm not about to drop $900+ on a chair having never given it a test sit for an extended period of time. And I've heard enough people say that they hate the Aeron so that w/o trying it out, it's not an option.

And what am I missing about that chair? I think it "looks" pretty cool TBH.

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/4873/loft2tw0.jpg

:shrug:

SirFelixCat 11-24-2007 07:31 PM

bump for anyone else....

Jay Riall 11-24-2007 08:26 PM

The suits above your monitors are gay as hell imo