Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Questions for Pats fans (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535172)

Golden_Rhino 10-31-2007 05:12 AM

Questions for Pats fans

I promise, I don't mean this in a sarcastic way, but is it fun?

Is it fun watching your team steamroll the opposition?
Wouldn't you prefer to watch some close games?
Was watching the first good Pats team more fun than this?

I ask because I am a fan of teams that have had varying degrees of success (Leafs, Packers, Raptors and Jays). The Packers and Jays have won championships, but it would be a stretch to say that they were dominant and just pwned everyone they played.

Vyse 10-31-2007 05:25 AM

Re: Questions for Pats fans

I'm thinking it may not be fun this Sunday.

WhoIam 10-31-2007 06:46 AM

Watching your team destroy another one is fun for you but boring for other people.

kolotoure 10-31-2007 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Watching your team destroy another one is fun for you but boring for other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

splashpot 10-31-2007 07:13 AM

It's fun. I'm laughing my ass off every time Brady scores a td. But these games aren't gonna go down as classics. I'm not gonna look back and think "man, that was an awesome game", like I do with the 2001 post season games.

dlk9s 10-31-2007 07:47 AM

Anyone who wants their team to play in close games is a masochist.

To correct you, Rhino, the Packers did dominate everyone in 1996 (aside from the 3 losses). In their 13 wins, their average margin of victory was 21+, which I think I heard (can't find the stats to back it up) was the largest average margin of victory in NFL history. Their average margin of victory in the playoffs was 17+.

I'm a Packers fan and I enjoyed every second.

vhawk01 10-31-2007 08:44 AM

Man I remember being a Vikings fan in 1998 and [censored] yes it was fun, it was amazing. NFCCG was close and much less fun.

bottomset 10-31-2007 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man I remember being a Vikings fan in 1998 and [censored] yes it was fun, it was amazing. NFCCG was close and much less fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

less fun because the kicker chose one of the 2close games they played that year to miss a fg instead of missing in one of their blowouts

MikeyPatriot 10-31-2007 08:58 AM

Not a Pats fan, enjoy watching them trounce teams.

daryn 10-31-2007 09:16 AM

it's cool but yeah watching some games is kinda boring honestly. this is the only season it's really been boring to watch some of the games. i mean i was looking foward to dallas and i'm puped for the colts. it's not all boring. not like i'm complaining either.

as splashpot said the other seasons were full of great games. for a while there the pats would always find a way to win every week but it was close all the time.