Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Big Draw 5/10 Borgata (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368077)

mak15 03-30-2007 04:53 PM

Big Draw 5/10 Borgata

Good must move game. I think 8 handed at the time. I have 1500 and villain covers. Villain is terrible and on a huge rush including just winning a big one with J6o against KK on a JJ2 board.

I riase K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in CO to 50 after a limper, villain calls on the button and there is one other caller.

Flop ($165) is A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7x

Checked to me and I bet $100, Villain immediately looks like he's going to raise and makes it $300 after a couple seconds, limper folds. Plan?

I'm 90+% sure he won't fold an ace or beter if I push now. If I hit a ten I should stack any ace or better without too much trouble. Maaaaaybe he gets away from an ace if I make the flush, but given the run he is on I don't think so.

skanberg 03-30-2007 05:01 PM

Re: Big Draw 5/10 Borgata

[ QUOTE ]

I'm 90+% sure he won't fold an ace or beter if I push now. If I hit a ten I should stack any ace or better without too much trouble. Maaaaaybe he gets away from an ace if I make the flush, but given the run he is on I don't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in that case a push is clearly not correct. Call and
1. Stack him when he cant get away from his hand
2. Let him give you too good odds to keep drawing to river card.

No reason to get fancy against a big donk!

DJ Sensei 03-30-2007 06:15 PM

yea i think you answered your own question here, seems like an obvious call.

mak15 03-30-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, i called and turn was a blank. i checked and folded to a $500 bet. standard i guess?

should i have considered a blocker bet of like 100-200 or something to price myself in? anyone who plays live relatively frequently know a way to act to get the guy to check behind a hand like AQ?

The Man 03-30-2007 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, i called and turn was a blank. i checked and folded to a $500 bet. standard i guess?

should i have considered a blocker bet of like 100-200 or something to price myself in? anyone who plays live relatively frequently know a way to act to get the guy to check behind a hand like AQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

standard. I think that if people are stacking off with any ace on that flop all you need to do to crush the game is play tight. wait for an AQ or AK here and get it in.

I also like a flop shove regardless, because of the dead money in the pot. If he folds 15% of the time to your shove your +ev right?

The Man 03-30-2007 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

standard. I think that if people are stacking off with any ace on that flop all you need to do to crush the game is play tight. wait for an AQ or AK here and get it in.

I also like a flop shove regardless, because of the dead money in the pot. If he folds 15% of the time to your shove your +ev right?

[/ QUOTE ]

vs this range you are 44% to win AA,JJ,22,A2s+,A2o+

stealthcow 03-30-2007 10:34 PM

i used to always just call these and then hope to improve and stack the newb, but now I am preferring just pushing the flop.

I think i vastly under estimated the hands that i could make lay down. ( and although i dont know villain specifically i suspect you might be doing the same )

stealthcow

*edited for grammar

Big_Jim 03-30-2007 10:59 PM

Call the turn.

Big_Jim 03-30-2007 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Pushing is most definitely +EV.

Calling is wayyyy more +EV

psyduck 03-30-2007 11:08 PM

I doubt villain bets a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] river or pays you off if it hits and you push or bet. There's a big difference between hitting your T on the river and a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I just don't think you have the required implied odds to call the $500 turn bet.