Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Professional No Limit Hold 'em Vol 2- not to be? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544975)

Adman 11-13-2007 07:16 AM

Professional No Limit Hold \'em Vol 2- not to be?

I was just browsing the members only forum over at Stox poker and there was a thread asking some question about SPR's as outlined in the Flynn/ Mehta PNL book. Later in the thread another poster says something about waiting for volume 2 and then Stoxtrader himself jumps into the thread and says he is "pretty sure there isn't going to be a volume 2." Can anyone shed any light on why this might be the case and where Stox got this information?

Gonso 11-13-2007 07:53 AM

Re: Professional No Limit Hold \'em Vol 2- not to be?

I'm not really an authority and don't have any involvement beyond the cover, but I don't think that's the case. Mason mentioned it in this month's internet magazine as an upcoming title and AFAIK he hasn't said anything about cancelling it.

Anything's possible, but yeah I'd be interested as to why Stox would have come to that conclusion.

Adman 11-13-2007 08:01 AM

I don't know, I guess when Stox speaks, I listen! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Gonso 11-13-2007 08:06 AM

i wouldn't put too much stox in it for now

hyacha chahchchahcha

jeffnc 11-13-2007 11:20 AM

The authors are writing it, I know that. If there isn't going to be a book, ask Stox what the reason is. Is he planning on sabotaging the operation? Does 2+2 have some nefarious plot to derail the book unknown to the authors? This is all extremely suspicious, and I'm curious why a (supposely reliable) 2+2 author would make such a statement.

phydaux 11-13-2007 11:36 AM

I'm thinking that someone, either Stox or the OP, confused PNL and WITHG. So when Stox said "There won't be a vol II" he was referring to WITHG.

stoxtrader 11-13-2007 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking that someone, either Stox or the OP, confused PNL and WITHG. So when Stox said "There won't be a vol II" he was referring to WITHG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what I was thikning, but I defniitely was not speaking about PNL. my fault, sorry.......

it was late, I got WITHG in my head - I may write another book, but it won't be vol 2 for LHE, that's what I was tlaking about.

1p0kerboy 11-13-2007 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what I was thikning, but I defniitely was not speaking about PNL. my fault, sorry.......

it was late, I got WITHG in my head - I may write another book, but it won't be vol 2 for LHE, that's what I was tlaking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about WITNLHG?

RowdyZ 11-13-2007 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The authors are writing it, I know that. If there isn't going to be a book, ask Stox what the reason is. Is he planning on sabotaging the operation? Does 2+2 have some nefarious plot to derail the book unknown to the authors? This is all extremely suspicious, and I'm curious why a (supposely reliable) 2+2 author would make such a statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is they are reason that you would jump to such a grand conspiracy theory rather then figure it was just an honest mistake. Calm down I think both Stox and the OP got things confused.

RZ

jeffnc 11-13-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is they are reason that you would jump to such a grand conspiracy theory rather then figure it was just an honest mistake. Calm down I think both Stox and the OP got things confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lighten up Frances. No I don't actually think there's some "nefarious plot". By "extremely suspicious" I meant I doubt it got said or meant. Criminy, you're going to be a real barrel of monkeys at the holiday cocktail parties.