Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   TPTK in a limp-reraised pot - any other way to play this? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557431)

Rainclouds 11-29-2007 06:37 PM

TPTK in a limp-reraised pot - any other way to play this?

Villain is unknown (played one orbit and I didn't pay attention).

I puked on the river and KK/AA was flashing all around, but I am not sure if folding makes sense there.

Can I play this any other way?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Party Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($190)
UTG ($198)
Hero ($203.70)
CO ($213.70)
Button ($563.60)
SB ($358.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $20</font>, Hero calls $10.

Flop: ($43) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($43) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $26</font>, Hero calls $26.

River: ($95) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $104</font>, Hero calls $104.

Final Pot: $303

Golfdish 11-29-2007 06:39 PM

Re: TPTK in a limp-reraised pot - any other way to play this?

Either raise the flop or turn, as played i think the river is a fold, unless youve seen him limp 3b before.

The only thing you beat on the river is a bluff (AK)

Paul Thomson 11-29-2007 06:47 PM

fine.

Rainclouds 11-29-2007 06:48 PM

If the river is a fold (I agree I only beat a bluff), then where is the value in raising the turn?

Paul Thomson 11-29-2007 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the river is a fold (I agree I only beat a bluff), then where is the value in raising the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

the bet size suggest nuts or air a little bit.

but at the same time, your hand is by far at the top of your range.

so if it was a normal value bet on the river, i'd call it. and here i'd call it alot, since you're line looks so weak.

Rainclouds 11-29-2007 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the bet size suggest nuts or air a little bit.

but at the same time, your hand is by far at the top of your range.

so if it was a normal value bet on the river, i'd call it. and here i'd call it alot, since you're line looks so weak.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes I agree with this.

nazahl 11-29-2007 06:55 PM

just fold preflop vs. an unknown

as played, I would definitely fold the river. you are smoked here like always by a donk limp/reraising preflop... this is one of their standard lines, remember it well. its right up there w/ min3bet preflop/pot flop w/ AA/KK.

sh58 11-29-2007 06:55 PM

i think i would muck the river

whoever says to raise at any point is wrong, our priority is to get to showdown cheap here imo, and hopefully spike a Q

Rainclouds 11-29-2007 07:09 PM

So to condense it all:

either fold pf, or
call pf, c/c flop, c/c turn, c/f big river bet.

Edit: with c/c I obv don't mean check call since I'm in position, but 'check or call'

If villains river bet was $60-70, would that change a lot?

By the way, I'm still playing with the guy at the moment, he turned out to be a 54/10/1.4 player and he's now playing with a $25 stack [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

RocktheCasbah 11-29-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think i would muck the river

whoever says to raise at any point is wrong, our priority is to get to showdown cheap here imo, and hopefully spike a Q

[/ QUOTE ]

agree 100%