Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   River decision... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=423229)

fretelöo 06-08-2007 06:13 PM

River decision...

Villain is 45/9/0.7. Quite passive. Does raise AJs from the BB vs limpers, but doesn't 3bet AK when raised before him. Generally calls down (In one hand I raised his AJ with QT, board came TxxxA (non-scary board) and he just called every street).
He does, however, bet the river if checked to with K-high; and he donks improvements: in one hand he donked rivered trip J's vs. a turn raise. So that c/r was a pretty new move to me. How'd you react?

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Horrible. I have no explanation at all. I must have missed that I raised pf due to multi-tabling or something, because I just realized now upon posting that I didn't c-bet.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

So I was prepared to give up on the river...

River: (4.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks; ok, that is in line with his earlier hands where he bet when checked to. So let's say he has AT+?... <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ???

NIX 06-08-2007 06:34 PM

Re: River decision...

I probably fold to his raise. Your read doesn't give me the impression he's prone to bluff-raise but does understand the idea of checking to induce bluffs (at least since you've pulled it against him).

With 4 to a straight on board, I wouldn't bet 6th pair on the river either fwiw.

RabidTortuga 06-08-2007 06:42 PM

Folding. He's not bluff-raising the river 20% of the time, and we beat nothing he legitimately CR's us with.

BigBadBabar 06-08-2007 06:46 PM

ugh, fretty, i don't like any street except pf.
bet flop.
fold turn.
check behind river.
but you already know this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

fretelöo 06-08-2007 06:50 PM

Yeah, I think it was stupid to even post this hand. After the flop check, the hand became essentially unplayable. So, anyway... something felt fishy... He was just not the kind of player that suddenly would start to c/r'ing - especially not on the river and especially not after I didn't show any aggression at all in this hand. So I guess I wanted some backup that's impossible to give... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

In white: <font color="white">I called and he had A9o...!</font>

BigBadBabar 06-08-2007 06:52 PM

well yea i assumed that, since you posted the hand, but that doesn't mean you played it well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

fretelöo 06-08-2007 06:57 PM

Got a point there... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Buzz-cp 06-09-2007 12:04 AM

A steal with 22 you are basically prepared to go to SD with, so you should bet flop &amp; check behind turn.

bravos1 06-09-2007 12:34 AM

like Miles has said....

I don't play like you!

Point Blank 06-09-2007 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh, fretty, i don't like any street except pf.
bet flop.
fold turn.
check behind river.
but you already know this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]