Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   It's pretty close? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465761)

Shabamabam 07-31-2007 04:56 PM

It\'s pretty close?

Villain is very aggressive. Can definitely do this with just bare A2 as I've tried moves on this turn with A6hh and such.

It's quite close. How should I proceed? Obviously if it bricks out on river i'm check/calling.

If there wasn't a flush draw out there, does it make a cap easier?

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Omaha Hi/Lo Ring game
Limit: $50/$100
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB caps</font>, Hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(-1:1)</font>.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (-2SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls <font color="aaaaaa">(-2:1)</font>.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (-1BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero ????

Buzz 07-31-2007 05:33 PM

Re: It\'s pretty close?

Shabamabam - The danger is BB may have a wheel plus a six. But that's not very likely.

Assuming BB simply also has the wheel plus a flush draw, Hero has the edge with top set. Thus a wheel plus top set (drawing for a full house or quads) is better than a wheel plus the nut flush draw.

Indeed, the wheel plus the set is better than anything BB can hold except a wheel plus a six.

I'd go ahead an take my chances BB does not hold a wheel plus a six. And even if he does, the board might pair on the river.

Jam.

Buzz

cero_z 07-31-2007 05:53 PM

WTF? I seriously don't know what you're asking, here. Jam the turn for sure. I don't really like how you played the flop in a 4-bet pot because you're not losing him before the river anyway, but your play there is defensible. But on the turn, all his 3-bet says for sure is "I have a wheel or a 7-hi straight." He probably has a wheel with some chance at 3/4, but you have an excellent shot at 3/4. Jam and check the river (vs. most competent players), obv c/r'ing when the board pairs.

Shabamabam 07-31-2007 06:03 PM

Sorry if I made it confusing. I was really interested in finding out what Buzz basically explained. I'm not too keen on the numbers, so i thought it might have been a mistake to cap if I was against a flush draw?

I was also wondering what people's opinions were if the board pairs. Leading v. C/ring as A26 probably still bets but 67xx might check behind although I think the probability of him having A2 was much higher than 67 for obvious reasons.