Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Difference Between AL and NL (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=270298)

mak15 11-28-2006 07:08 PM

Difference Between AL and NL

I'm writing a paper negotiating Adam Everett's new contract and want to briefly mention the difference in how important various attributes are in shortstops in the AL vs the NL, anyone got any good thoughts? thanks.

MyTurn2Raise 11-28-2006 07:13 PM

Re: Difference Between AL and NL

write a paper on something real

ThaSaltCracka 11-28-2006 07:14 PM

Maybe defensively, since there is a DH in the AL. I dunno, is there really any differences?

kyleb 11-28-2006 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm writing a paper negotiating Adam Everett's new contract and want to briefly mention the difference in how important various attributes are in shortstops in the AL vs the NL, anyone got any good thoughts? thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

The defense of the AL shortstops is embarassing compared to the NL, and the NL shortstops can't hit for sht compared to the AL SS's.

Not sure how this is relevant, but it's what I know.

junglewarfare 11-28-2006 08:43 PM

thats a legal studies class taught by rosner right, is it worth taking 2nd semester? how hard is it?

mak15 11-28-2006 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thats a legal studies class taught by rosner right, is it worth taking 2nd semester? how hard is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya that's the one. it's a decent class and not hard. two tests and this one paper on negotiating a new baseball contract. the paper is 15 pages and requires a decent amount of work, but other than that it's not much work and if you are in to sports is relatively interesting.

mak15 11-28-2006 08:51 PM

all,

froget it, was just bored during a break, i think i got it. mods can lock or delete or whatever.

Dynasty 11-28-2006 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The defense of the AL shortstops is embarassing compared to the NL, and the NL shortstops can't hit for sht compared to the AL SS's.

Not sure how this is relevant, but it's what I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the Red Sox let Gonzalez leave this year, I thought I remember a Theo Epstein quote basically saying that he considered shortstop to be an offensive position.

junglewarfare 11-28-2006 08:59 PM

do you think its a good class for a freshman? my advisor said i probably shouldnt take it since its mostly upperclassmen but i am probably going to ignore her. thats actually kind of a stupid question, i will probably figure it out on my own in the first week of class but im curious.

kyleb 11-28-2006 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When the Red Sox let Gonzalez leave this year, I thought I remember a Theo Epstein quote basically saying that he considered shortstop to be an offensive position.

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly has become that in the AL over the past five-ten years. The NL, not so much.