Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Villain open shove flops in 3bet pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530171)

MRBAA 10-24-2007 11:00 AM

Re: Villain open shove flops in 3bet pot

You are going to call off ur bankroll with those snap judegements, imho.

Mike MacIntosh 10-24-2007 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is with no real reads it's hard to lay down, but his bet is large enough that laydown is the play against many players.

Preflop seems consistent with AQ, 99, 88 or JTs of hands you fear rather than AA or QQ, but who knows. Postflop, this is a huge bet, and those usually aren't bluffs. So what "real" hands can he have on this flop that you beat? TT? JJ? 77 and down? KQ?

Against a true unknown, I think I'd need more of an overlay to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

On this wet board w/ KK this becomes a snap-call.

Frogic 10-24-2007 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You are going to call off ur bankroll with those snap judegements, imho.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't have implied odds in a threebet pot. So since its already a winning play, noone is calling off their bankroll.

Frogic

MRBAA 10-24-2007 11:39 AM

Look, the preflop raise by villain is ambitious and his call preflop with JT out of position is bad.

But when he then shoves $170 into a $44 pot, the question is what hands will he really do this with that KK is ahead of?

It's one thing to make longterm -EV calls preflop, as many losing players do. It's another thing to go all in for 4x the pot on the flop. Many fewer players will do that without a legit hand. The only hands I'd put him on raising preflop and than pushing flop that I beat are AQ, KQ, JJ and TT. Against AA, JT, 99 or 88 I'm toast. Okay, so somtimes I'm against a really bad player who will do this with any Q (or with hands like Q8 or 98, which I'm also behind) or even as a total bluff. But more often I'm against someone with at least some respect for money who wouldn't put in this big of a bet without more than TP. Automatically calling with just an overpair here getting only slightly over even odds is a good way to get broke.

Sciolist 10-24-2007 11:42 AM

If this were a 27Q board, it's a fold. As there're so many draws that would like some fold equity, as well as lots of combo draws that you're close to, I don't really see how you can fold.

It's definitely a note on him though.

MRBAA 10-24-2007 11:47 AM

You can fold because you are far from pot commited and it's pretty likely you're beat.

13_Xerxes 10-24-2007 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this were a 27Q board, it's a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG. I snap call both (and I am not a calling station !!!).

murmeltier21 10-24-2007 12:20 PM

cawl

MRBAA 10-24-2007 12:35 PM

It seems like the consensus is "omg, I have Kings, I call". Or maybe "rofl, other players are all maniacs, I call".

Or is there a level of actual thought I'm missing here?

JFsports 10-24-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like the consensus is "omg, I have Kings, I call". Or maybe "rofl, other players are all maniacs, I call".

Or is there a level of actual thought I'm missing here?

[/ QUOTE ]

villain is an idiot