Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   this time it's middle set (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=199303)

piiop 08-29-2006 03:32 PM

this time it\'s middle set

Party .25/.50. 10-handed.

Stacks/reads:

UTG: 50 - weird, no strong read on him yet
Me/mp - 101 - devious
Button - 60 - way loose donktasticly bad
BB - 95 - so unknown

I have KK66ds crub and diamon.

PF - UTG minraises, i call, butt calls, sb folds, bb calls

Flop (~4) - Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

check, check, I bet 3, button calls, BB c/rs pot, utg folds,

I DO WHAT??

illegit 08-29-2006 03:41 PM

Re: this time it\'s middle set

I put his range on AAxx with spades, QQxx, a low wrap w/ spaspades, with some smaller chance of something like AKQT with nut spades and a smaller chance of 22xx. And QQxx being weighted as most likely. I probably call and re-evaluate on the turn.

piiop 08-29-2006 03:50 PM

Ok what do you do if:

The button folds, BB bets the pot on the turn and the turn is an offsuit A, a Q, a non pairing spade, or a 2?

The button calls, BB bets pot, those same cards?

The button calls, BB checks the turn, and its those same cards?

Pouncer 08-29-2006 04:01 PM

I'd probably just let it go and fold. Between the button and the BB you're likely facing two of the three: flush draw, straight draw, set of queens. I wouldn't continue in this spot without a flush redraw.

If your reads were reversed and the BB was way bad, I'd probably call and reevaluate. As it is, your investment in the pot is still small and your EV against two players on this flop probably isn't all that great. (I'm assuming not having actually run the numbers.)

beset 08-29-2006 05:04 PM

Arg. I fold the flop just because BB is totally unknown.

Troll_Inc 08-29-2006 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PF - UTG minraises, i call, butt calls, sb folds, bb calls

Flop (~4) - Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

check, check, I bet 3, button calls, BB c/rs pot, utg folds,

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like to be the first one to show strength with low or middle set, and this is why.

Call me Mr. -EV and all, but on flop, I would check this.

Then on the flop, if this dude really has top set, he'll let you know with him being out of position and all.

And if the flush hits on the turn, you wouldn't have won the hand anyways and can ditch your middle set.

Yads 08-29-2006 07:02 PM

I don't know how you can call this getting sandwiched between BB and button. If it were heads up i call an reevaluate on the turn.

piiop 08-29-2006 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like to be the first one to show strength with low or middle set, and this is why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh??

Troll_Inc 08-29-2006 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh??

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the flop with middle set because if you bet and are called, then what do you do on the turn if one of the draws hits or top card pairs? That's like half the deck right?

Also, if you bet the flop, and are raised then you probably have to lay it down.

[I know people better than me on this board with tons more experience like to bet this flop with your hand...I just don't like opening the betting with this this hand on the flop and your hand exemplifies why.]

joewatch 08-29-2006 10:19 PM

Totally read dependent. At this level, I would say the highest probability is 22 for the BB and would be happy to get it all in. You may have 3 outs if you are wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]