Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Pick my new job (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=323225)

PartyPooperGuy 02-04-2007 03:13 AM

Pick my new job

I promise to pursue whatever job OOT suggests for me. Will not pollute 2+2 with updates, but will post link to blog once results are in, and blog will chronicle path to OOT's chosen job. Any of these sound like fun. I don't need the money. But I do need some motivation / commitment device to bind me to do something with my life.

B(r)a(g)ckground: Best college, law school in country. Excellent academic record. Bored with being a lawyer, and due to super-luckyness money is no longer a motivation.

BigPoppa 02-04-2007 03:19 AM

Re: Pick my new job

Voted NYPD cause it's the only one that won't take another 5+ years of schooling. Plus, guns.

AE6 02-04-2007 03:25 AM

seems like a bad plan to potentially let OOT dictate the next decade+ of your life....i didn't vote

PartyPooperGuy 02-04-2007 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seems like a bad plan to potentially let OOT dictate the next decade+ of your life....i didn't vote

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate your not voting given that you think it's a bad idea for OOT to dictate the next [years] of my life. However, all of these sound really good to me, and I am not really motivated or in a place to make a big decision like this right now, so I think it would be a fun adventure to let OOT decide and see what happens. I am fully prepared to accept whatever consequences may arise.

Patrick del Poker Grande 02-04-2007 03:27 AM

Professor seems like a pretty sweet gig once you get tenured. I'm not sure I'd want to put up with all the [censored] up until that point, though.

ed8383 02-04-2007 03:28 AM

I chose "contractor work in iraq." you would get 6 figures and go into the meanest hoods in the world! plus you would take your cam corder and post your videos on youtube for oot to see!

leehrat 02-04-2007 03:29 AM

were you a litigator?

PartyPooperGuy 02-04-2007 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
were you a litigator?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, corporate.

leehrat 02-04-2007 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
were you a litigator?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, corporate.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], that's where i'm headed. how bad is it? can i lateral over to an in-house gig easily coming from a good school? is tax better?

PartyPooperGuy 02-04-2007 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
were you a litigator?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, corporate.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], that's where i'm headed. how bad is it? can i lateral over to an in-house gig easily coming from a good school? is tax better?

[/ QUOTE ]

lateral opps. depend more on the firm you start at rather than your school. expect to spend at least 4 years at a good firm before landing a good lateral gig. tax is a fair bit better than M&A, tiny bit better than securities work, worse than credit.