Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   LHE turn fold with BPWK (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500485)

yourface 09-13-2007 06:14 PM

LHE turn fold with BPWK

villain seems reasonably aggro but has open limped his button at least once

a previous hand, maybe should have capped flop:

Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2.50/$5
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) yourface is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $7.5</font>, yourface calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($15, 2 players)
yourface checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">yourface raises to $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $15</font>, yourface calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($45, 2 players)
yourface checks, SB checks.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($45, 2 players)
yourface checks, SB checks.

Results:
Final pot: $45
yourface shows 6D 4D
SB shows 9C 9D

and the fold:

Pot Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2.50/$5
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) yourface is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $7.5</font>, yourface calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($15, 2 players)
yourface checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">yourface raises to $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $15</font>, yourface calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($45, 2 players)
yourface checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets $10</font>, yourface folds.
Uncalled bets: $10 returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: $45

jba 09-13-2007 06:28 PM

Re: LHE turn fold with BPWK

i often call the turn and check/fold the river but it's a close spot

bbbushu 09-13-2007 06:46 PM

i guess your inclusion of the other hand is supposed to tell us this villain won't bet the turn without a better pair (and even then may check-behind). if this is the case, as part of your broader read, i think i'm fine with the fold. the flops are eerily similar lol

yourface 09-13-2007 06:47 PM

also that he will 3bet the flop with medium strength hands
heh, didn't notice the similar flops

jba 09-13-2007 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess your inclusion of the other hand is supposed to tell us this villain won't bet the turn without a better pair (and even then may check-behind).

[/ QUOTE ]

I guarantee he bets the turn in hand 1 if it's a deuce.

bbbushu 09-13-2007 07:31 PM

jba,

you could be right, altho i see the three-bet for free showdown line taken a lot at this level (dont know if yf agrees or not). there also aren't a lot of aces in yf's range in that first hand (of course villain could just be checking-behind in general fear of the ace). either way i still like the fold.

yourface 09-13-2007 09:03 PM

side question,

if the river filled up one of my draws should I bet or c/r?

bbbushu 09-13-2007 09:13 PM

i almost always bet but i think i'm kinda pansy on the river - usually i figure if s/he is too afraid of that turn card to bet, they will value-bet thinner on any river, but especially one that appears slightly dangerous. i'd be more likely to check/raise the straight then the flush but i still most likely lead out either one.