Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   10/20 - AA - turn pairs Q; ABC player donks (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=199149)

Hoi Polloi 08-29-2006 11:51 AM

10/20 - AA - turn pairs Q; ABC player donks

Doyle's Room 10/20 Limit Hold'em (6-max)

SB plays a solid but passive game. Thinks, can raise pre-flop and fold flop, doesn't make moves, probably somewhere around breakeven +/-.

I'm running bad (what else is new) but have shown down strong hands. I've folded a few hands I raised pre-flop on the flop. I've checked behind UI OCs on the turn.

I raise AA in CO after 2 limpers. SB calls and BB calls as do the limpers.

Flop - 5 handed (10 SB) Q52 rainbow
Checked to me, I bet and am called by SB and 1 limper.

Turn - 3 handed (8BB) - Q completes rainbow.
SB bets, limper folds, I fold.

Thoughts?

Rubeskies 08-29-2006 01:01 PM

Re: 10/20 - AA - turn pairs Q; ABC player donks

Nope

hedgetop 08-29-2006 01:03 PM

unreal, your hand is massive here

Fianchetto 08-29-2006 01:06 PM

Bad fold. Take this one to showdown.

Ray Of Light 08-29-2006 02:13 PM

This was a bad turn fold. The size of the pot is very big at that stage, and that alone is enough reason to call down in this spot...

Even if the size of the pot was smaller, his play here seems suspect for someone who has just made trips... if he is a thinking player, he would be more likely to check to the action bettor (yourself) then raise with his turn card trips, rather than simply bet them out.

Hoi Polloi 08-29-2006 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was a bad turn fold. The size of the pot is very big at that stage, and that alone is enough reason to call down in this spot...

Even if the size of the pot was smaller, his play here seems suspect for someone who has just made trips... if he is a thinking player, he would be more likely to check to the action bettor (yourself) then raise with his turn card trips, rather than simply bet them out.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd seen me check behind the turn more than once with small pairs or draws. Based on his play, I couldn't read this as anything other than trips wanting to make sure a bet gets in on this street. I think it was close. Not sure it was correct. Hence, the post. The read, IMO, is the key.

danzasmack 08-29-2006 02:21 PM

After reading a few of your posts today, please post your WTSD and W$SD. you fold way, way too much.

Hoi Polloi 08-29-2006 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, bad fold; or Nope, no thoughts, good fold; or Nope, no thoughts--full stop.

Hoi Polloi 08-29-2006 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have two pair. I've been aggressive through out the hand and cautious player bets out on a paired board. Certainly there's some chance he's holding a Q.

Ray Of Light 08-29-2006 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have two pair. I've been aggressive through out the hand and cautious player bets out on a paired board. Certainly there's some chance he's holding a Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

But in a pot that big, you should be looking for reasons to call with your top two pair.

The correct question here instead would be... 'what are the chances that he is not holding a Q?'