Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Prestigious Careers (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526538)

ItalianFX 10-19-2007 12:00 PM

Prestigious Careers

I was just listening to a song and it made me think of this topic.

What do you think is the most prestigious career field? What do you think is the most satisfactory?

Would it be a doctor who goes to school for 11-15 years and has the ability to save lives?

Would it be the President who has the responsibility of policy foreign and domestic among other duties?

Would it be an entrepreneur who is the leader in innovation and imagination, the one who creates value?

Would it be the Chairman of the Federal Reserve who has the responsibility of monetary policy to ensure a stable economy, among other things?

Or is it a teacher/professor, one who teaches America's youth and dedicates their lives to education?

Or is it something else?

*I just made these up on the fly and they may not even be accurate.

Indiana 10-19-2007 12:39 PM

Re: Prestigious Careers

you forgot to add the career of pimpin hoes:)

Honestly, I think there is no better career than starting your own business, and running it successfully. I mean, anybody can get a good job, but it takes something special to start a company and create jobs for others.

Indy

stinkypete 10-19-2007 01:09 PM

web page

Americans view firefighters and doctors as having the most prestigious professions, according to a recent Harris Interactive poll.

When read a list of different occupations, 63% of respondents to the telephone poll said they feel firefighters have "very great" prestige, while 58% said doctors do. Other professions that were seen as having very great prestige included: nurses (55%), scientists (54%), teachers (52%) and military officers (51%).

The occupations seen by the fewest people as having very great prestige were: real-estate brokers (6%), stockbrokers (11%), business executives (11%), actors (12%), union leaders (12%) and journalists (12%).

lol.

ItalianFX 10-19-2007 01:13 PM

I guess that sums it up alot.

Stinky - which profession do you think is?

billygrippo 10-19-2007 04:33 PM

im currently looking for a prestigious career. anyone hiring?

SlowHabit 10-19-2007 04:39 PM

As long as he is happy and has the freedom [and means] to do anything at anytime that he wants, I consider his career prestigious.

MarkD 10-19-2007 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

web page

Americans view firefighters and doctors as having the most prestigious professions, according to a recent Harris Interactive poll.

When read a list of different occupations, 63% of respondents to the telephone poll said they feel firefighters have "very great" prestige, while 58% said doctors do. Other professions that were seen as having very great prestige included: nurses (55%), scientists (54%), teachers (52%) and military officers (51%).

The occupations seen by the fewest people as having very great prestige were: real-estate brokers (6%), stockbrokers (11%), business executives (11%), actors (12%), union leaders (12%) and journalists (12%).

lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you "lol"? The data you posted seems to be the correct answer.

PITTM 10-19-2007 06:54 PM

Because my 3 friends who are firefighters are only firefighters because they didnt go to college, couldnt get other jobs and this job has ridiculous retirement/benefits. Now thats prestige.

dibbs 10-19-2007 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because my 3 friends who are firefighters are only firefighters because they didnt go to college, couldnt get other jobs and this job has ridiculous retirement/benefits. Now thats prestige.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be curious to see this same poll pre 9/11, in my mind this is when people seemed to go nuts over firefighters nationwide.

XXXNoahXXX 10-19-2007 07:12 PM

i'd say most prestigious is probably supreme court chief justice. you get less political ire than president, and everyone respects the institution.