Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   turn decison w. middle 2 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524702)

Bump_Bailey 10-17-2007 12:49 AM

turn decison w. middle 2

Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

BB: $103.00
UTG: $200.00
MP: $124.45
CO: $57.80
Button: $123.10
SB: $172.95

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $7</font>, MP folds, CO calls $7, Button folds, SB calls $6, BB folds.

Flop: ($23.00) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $18</font>, CO folds, SB calls $18.

Turn: ($59.00) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ??

villain is 70/1/1 over a few orbits.

chucky 10-17-2007 01:10 AM

Re: turn decison w. middle 2

Check behind. Your hand really has not changed much and OOP villian wont bluff river much.

T-God 10-17-2007 01:50 AM

Agree with check behind

pete fabrizio 10-17-2007 02:51 AM

bet. you don't have anything worth drawing to, there's a decent chance you're ahead, and he may fold a better hand. and if you get check-raised or called and led into, you can fold with no regrets.

Spewie 10-17-2007 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet. you don't have anything worth drawing to, there's a decent chance you're ahead, and he may fold a better hand. and if you get check-raised or called and led into, you can fold with no regrets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you thinking about a smallish, 1/3 pot bet? I think a full pot bet is just spew here.

pete fabrizio 10-17-2007 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you thinking about a smallish, 1/3 pot bet? I think a full pot bet is just spew here.

[/ QUOTE ]

just bet the same amount you would bet with anything else. and fwiw, i think anyone that ever bets 1/3 pot is a tard.

Spewie 10-17-2007 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just bet the same amount you would bet with anything else. and fwiw, i think anyone that ever bets 1/3 pot is a tard.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much is 'the same amount you would bet with anything else'?

I totally disagree. A defensive 1/3 - 1/2 pot bet isn't a bad bet unless your opponent recognizes it is a weak bet and will raise with anything (not a 70/1/1 player). This bet will let you check behind on the river while getting more money into the pot when you might be the the favorite.

OOP this is not a good bet, but you would probably be checking anyways.

You have to use this bet against the right people. I think a 70/1/1 player is perfect for a defensive bet.

sondring 10-17-2007 12:12 PM

I agree w/ pete. villain is most likely drawing and we should bet to enough to give him incorrect odds to call.

A 1/3 pot flop/turn bet with anything other then the immortal nuts seems like a sin in Omaha. Villain can (and will) correctly call our weak bet with whatever he called the flop with.

Bump_Bailey 10-17-2007 12:19 PM

Ok, i checked behind, but i like like 1/2 psb. River was a Td and villain led for 1/2 psb. Call or fold?

Spewie 10-17-2007 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, i checked behind, but i like like 1/2 psb. River was a Td and villain led for 1/2 psb. Call or fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting on the turn would allow you to check behind on the river (probably). This is why I love to bet the turn in position with a marginal hand against a non-tricky opponent... I often get to show down the hand for free.