Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Nice Turn bluff? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=439741)

TheWunderkind 06-30-2007 03:12 PM

Nice Turn bluff?

I am sb with 97o

Since the 10/20 Limit plays somehwat more aggresive i felt like i have to counter this aggresion at certain points vs aggro tags .

Villain is the same TAG mentioned at the other Thread, turned out that hes is really a decent player, so far i have no notes . He plays str8 forward poker is is fairly aggro and not overly sd bound( wich doesnt really matter in this Hand).I planned on firing every River except the 6 of hearts.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $10/$20
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players)
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>,

gaming_mouse 06-30-2007 04:51 PM

Re: Nice Turn bluff?

He is calling down any pair and maybe with any ace. You are going to spend 3 BBs to win 5.5 BBs hoping that is on a draw.

Seems too expensive to be profitable....

EDIT: Also, in the converter call yourself "hero". It's annoying to read this way.

joop 06-30-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He plays str8 forward poker is is fairly aggro and not overly sd bound( wich doesnt really matter in this Hand

[/ QUOTE ]

How can this not matter? This is the ONLY thing that matters. What is his W2SD? And over how many hands? He needs to be very low 30's before you attempt this particular parlay. But then again, why bother... the pot is pretty small.

Previous poster summed up the hand. Give it up on the turn, save your chips.

TheWunderkind 06-30-2007 05:29 PM

ok

kiddo 07-01-2007 05:23 AM

I think joops given our poster the correct answers on both these turnbluffs. Its not that u never can do them but u should do it against someone that is both really aggressive and not going to showdown a lot. Saying someone is decent or really decent, isnt a read that can be used when bluffing.

In the hand where u raise SB, he calls BB, u bet on a 543 board, he raises and u checkraise K turn u need a read like: "Always 3bet Ax in blindbattle preflop, will raise any flop if he got 2 overs or more. Capable of folding."

skedar 07-01-2007 04:10 PM

lol at not wanting to fire when the 6 of hearts gives you a straight [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

on the hand: i would only bluff if there is a chance that he will fold directly, and i think there is no possible holding which he would raise the flop and then bet the turn in position except for a pure bluff.

kiddo 07-01-2007 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at not wanting to fire when the 6 of hearts gives you a straight

[/ QUOTE ]

im missing something, what are u talking about?

[ QUOTE ]
i think there is no possible holding which he would raise the flop and then bet the turn in position except for a pure bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure I understand u correctly. Do u mean that when BB in this hand raises flop and bet turn its always a pure bluff?

Tryptamean 07-02-2007 02:04 AM

just because the games play more aggro does not mean he is raising this flop with air. His range is mostly pairs or semibluffs, almost none of which are folding immediately.

skedar 07-02-2007 12:10 PM

oh, sorry.

i wanted to say, that the only hand which he will raise flop und bet turn with and THEN fold to a turn checkraise is a bluff.
he could also have some kind of draw with which he will see the river or some kind of made hand which he will show down.

thats why i think bluffing in this spot is too expensive.

and...
the board is 345K, he has 79 and says, he will fire any river except for the 6 of hearts. but the 6 completes his gutshot, right?

MrEngenic 07-12-2007 08:45 AM

If I was BB I would sometimes play A high like this and I would fold river UI without a read.