Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   25NL: How's my line? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541917)

OSUGreg1983 11-09-2007 04:16 AM

25NL: How\'s my line?

Villain is LAG donkey fish 58/24/9 > 105 hands dumping to everyone. I have a good image at 19/13/2.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $34
BTN: $24.65
SB: $22.80
Hero (BB): $29.95
UTG: $28.05

Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, CO calls $1, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">CO bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2, UTG folds

Turn: ($7.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $7.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20</font>

I obviously intend calling if he shoves.

mickske 11-09-2007 04:21 AM

Re: 25NL: How\'s my line?

I'd personally prefer waiting for a better spot to stack this donkey.

OSUGreg1983 11-09-2007 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Overbetting the pot from position is routine for him.

Nick C 11-09-2007 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Overbetting the pot from position is routine for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, I think it's high variance but fine. His aggression numbers are insane for his looseness, and if he'll play any two cards this way, you'll be ahead on the turn more often than not.

Maunzekater 11-09-2007 04:36 AM

You may have the best hand here, you may be drawing very slim.
This is high variance play, i prefer waiting for e batter spot too. If he overbets frequently, you will get paid off very well if you hit a strong hand. And against this villain, even a vunerable hand like TPGK is a monster.

OSUGreg1983 11-09-2007 04:38 AM

Not that players like him notice stats of others around him, but I justify my move because, a) im confident im ahead most of the time, and b) I have a very solid table image (not that he notices this either)

iheartponeez 11-09-2007 04:40 AM

I was sitting for this one, but I don't remember it or the outcome. I think that, while one might say you're likely to be ahead, his insane range/fishy calls means that he might stack off with any T here, and there are quite a few he's liable to be playing (let alone a 4).

Against guys like this, unless I've seen a lot of betting on air, I don't want to go to war with a mediocre hand, like second pair, because they have lots of first pairs in their range and the poor form to call down with very weak first pairs. That said, JJ is probably the nuts here.

Maunzekater 11-09-2007 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That said, AT is probably the nuts here.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

iheartponeez 11-09-2007 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That said, AT is probably the nuts here.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Duly noted.

OSUGreg1983 11-09-2007 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You may have the best hand here, you may be drawing very slim.
This is high variance play, i prefer waiting for e batter spot too. If he overbets frequently, you will get paid off very well if you hit a strong hand. And against this villain, even a vunerable hand like TPGK is a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

High variance I agree for the most part, but I feel against these types of players its necessary to do this every once and awhile. One could argue its not a good spot, but I had a very good read and gut feeling I was ahead of his range most of the time.

Flat calling here is a weak play IMO b/c any river card is a scare card for me and I dont want to face a push on that street.