Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Did I misplay every street? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556965)

pohuist 11-29-2007 02:19 AM

Did I misplay every street?

Juicy 8 handed game. Pretty tight table w/several weak spots.

I am [one of] the strongest player[s] at the table and everybody knows that. Villain in VERY loose -- plays every hand if its 1 bet PF. He is also very aggressive -- always bets if checked to and frequently raises. His calls are actually more scary than his raises. He also tends to overvalue and thus overplay his hands. Villain runs like a G-d and is killing the game, so feels somewhat invincible. He knows I don't respect his game and is liable to put a play on him. I actually just beat him out of a pot and got paid off C/R-ing the turn when picked a flush draw to go w/my middle pair and completing the flush on the rver.

Villain opens in MP. Hero calls in BB w K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero donks, villain pops, hero calls.

Turn K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero C/R. Villain calls.

River 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, villain tanks and raises. Hero?
What about flop, turn?

n.s. 11-29-2007 02:52 AM

Re: Did I misplay every street?

I'd 3-bet the flop. As others have pointed out, lags love to go to war on the flop with little, and you may still be able to get in a turn c/r. As played, I might even donk the turn - against aggro players, this sort of weird play will get you raised a lot and allow you to 3-bet.

If villain is the actor type, I'd just call the river, as the tanking could mean a monster. Otherwise I'd 3-bet and probably cry and call a 4-bet.

GoodCallYouWin 11-29-2007 03:38 AM

QJ or 10sxs make a lot of sense here (FPS by villian on turn seems likely if he had QJ), just call river after the raise. Fold preflop, flop, turn and river you got rightish, flop I would just c/r like normal but I don't mind your line.

pjf1969 11-29-2007 06:14 AM

Turn c/r after 3-betting (even if he capped)?
Jam the flop. Bet and call to river-dont get fall in love with your two pair and jam the expensive streets.

BeakWetter 11-29-2007 10:39 AM

I have not read any of the responses to ensure an unbias response, but apologies if I am repeating.

PF: Not in love with KTo here even if villian is a maniac. I would wait for a better spot to punish him. Regardless on to the hand...

Flop: Put in a 3rd bet and call a 4th. Maniacs tend to love throwing umpteen bets in on a flop.

Turn: I like the C/R as played. If you 3-bet flop and he does not 4-bet you, I then lead the turn. If you 3-bet flop and he 4-bets the flop go for the C/R on Turn.

River: I think I just call the river. Two spades with a Ten or 9 seem quite possible.
If you 3-bet river can you fold to a 4th?

Yads 11-29-2007 11:24 AM

There is not a chance in hell I'm folding KTo in the BB against a maniac's opening range. What's with the posts lately talking about making ridiculous folds PF in the BB?

As everyone said I'm going to war on the flop. Your pair is still vulnerable so get in as much money as you can now. I'd be more inclined to wait until the turn if I had a higher pair. River is tough, if you think he'll really 4 bet with worse then go ahead and 3 bet planning to call a 4th. If you'll be in a tough spot if he 4 bets then just call.

SNOWBALL 11-29-2007 11:43 AM

3bet the flop

3 betting the river feels wrong because it's hard to see how a 3 made him a worse two pair.

ActionBob 11-29-2007 12:12 PM

I guess I'd check raise the flop, but if you're going to bet out vs this player your plan should be to 3-bet.

I'd definitely just call the river here.

-ActionBob

mongidig 11-29-2007 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn c/r after 3-betting (even if he capped)?
Jam the flop.
Bet and call to

river-"dont get fall in love with your two pair and jam the expensive streets"

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you trying to say?

ship it pls 11-29-2007 01:42 PM

preflop: good
flop: i'd c/r 4-bet or b/3bet and see showdown ui if he puts in more action from there
turn: good (with how flop played)
river: good (just call raise because we cant fold to 4)