Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Two pair with three hearts on the board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555932)

gito 11-27-2007 09:30 PM

Two pair with three hearts on the board

I had played 40 hands until this hand, villian sucks preflop, playing 2/3 of his hands, calling raises with Q6o and goes to showdown about half the time.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 Limit Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB checks

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls

Turn: (4 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [ K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero ???

Is there a leak in my play? Is calling the right thing on the turn? What should I do after getting raised?

I think based on the way he plays, he can have weaker hands like Kx, K7, as well as a flush.

Still I don't know what to do.

KyndGroove 11-27-2007 09:53 PM

Re: Two pair with three hearts on the board

Based on your read, I'd raise PF.

I don't see how it's capped at 3 bets on the turn. Regardless, I'm calling down from here.

gito 11-27-2007 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't see how it's capped at 3 bets on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't realized that, perhaps something went wrong with the converter, it was a 3-bet.

tiltaholic 11-27-2007 11:45 PM

raise preflop and i'd call down when he 3-bets the turn unless he's a total postflop maniac.

scpi10 11-28-2007 01:38 AM

grunch

Call the turn after the donk. This might be weak-tight but with 2 players to act after you and the flush card hitting I want to see what sb and bb do.

Note: I might be affected by seeing that the hand was 3-bet.

Xylocain 11-28-2007 01:56 AM

I dont get how villan can cap ... but I call down from a 3-bet. (maybe donk a river [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])

neurotiq 11-28-2007 05:08 AM

What hearts? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I don't even see one, much less three. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

What turn cap? So confused. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Okay. Seriously now. I call down from turn 3bet. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

fretelöo 11-28-2007 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(maybe donk a river [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

That's generally not a good idea.

Mitke 11-28-2007 05:24 AM

* g *

Preflop: raise it vs the loose limper to isolate him. If your KT was suited limping would make more sense (luring blinds in for a multiway pot) but I would still raise for high card value.

Flop: good, bet for value and maybe even some protection

Turn: I like the raise, it just might sometimes fold some baby-clubs (not likely though on this level), and straight draws, and also for a possible free showdown.

You're getting 10:2 to calldown. Vs a Villain this loose I think you just might have the odds to show this down. Maybe he is getting out of line w/ Kx, or worse twopair?

You can call this anyway with 9:1 odds to the full house + some implied odds if you hit your full house on the river. This villain could even cap this with a flush on a paired board.

gito 11-28-2007 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What hearts? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I don't even see one, much less three. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

What turn cap? So confused. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know why the converter says the villian capped, it was a 3-bet.

The subject had a silly mistake, it should have been "three clubs", but anyway it is my first thread, so go easy on me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And btw, thanks for all the comments.