Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL10, TP, value bet or free showdown? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=442566)

drsmooth 07-04-2007 03:57 AM

NL10, TP, value bet or free showdown?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $19.15
UTG+1: $22.45
CO: $20.45
Hero: $9.75
SB: $19.10
BB: $9.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.4</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.65, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1.65, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.9</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3.45, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero...

Pre-flop I see a lot of 'bet or fold' but it was an aggressive table, UTG+1 had been pretty hyper in the 10 or so hands I'd been there, and people in the chat were making comments that made it appear he'd been doing it for a while. So I wanted to play the hand but not make the pot too big..

By the river he'd departed anyway, and I had no reads on villain. So with no reads is this a value bet or a free showdown? Besides possibly pre-flop are there other problems with my play?

Pigslice 07-04-2007 03:59 AM

Re: NL10, TP, value bet or free showdown?

Pf is gross, really really gross, but I'm sure you expected it

I don't see a worse hand calling on the river so I probably check.

gimmetheloot 07-04-2007 04:00 AM

i dont see u behind here ever.

ajmargarine 07-04-2007 04:04 AM

Preflop is a gaping black hole of a leak, an abyss so deep, standing on the edge and looking down will make you faint from dizziness.

Vyse 07-04-2007 04:06 AM

fold pf

drsmooth 07-04-2007 04:09 AM

Well I knew I'd get it in the neck for pre-flop becuase i always see it here, though I never get an explaination. Anyone care to give me on, or point me in the direction of one? I think calling in position with a decent drawing hand is a reasonable play, but all I hear is how its a awful play.

But as for the river...?

ajmargarine 07-04-2007 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think calling in position with a decent drawing hand is a reasonable play

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%.

Suited connectors are good drawing hands. Small pp's are good drawing hands. Suited one gappers can be considered a drawing hand worth playing. KTo is not a drawing hand by any stretch of the imagination.

Vyse 07-04-2007 04:15 AM

What are you drawing to? A lucky flopped flush / flopped OESD, 2p, trips? That's pretty much it, so you're hoping for a lot. Your hand is easily dominated and you don't have any initiative in the hand or hope for stealing the pot later.

drsmooth 07-04-2007 04:17 AM

Yeah. But I mean its not like I'm gonna stack off with top pair. I see what you're saying but I don't see why its soooooo bad. I guess I'll just try playing it how you guys suggest, since I can see why it is bad.

cheers

Vyse 07-04-2007 04:23 AM

Flat calling means you have to invest a lot of money in the pot whenever you do hit a T or K to see if your hand is best unless you regularly donk into the flop. It's a cliche, but KTo wins small pots and loses big ones. If you're gonna lpay it, 3bet it.