Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cell Phone Review: Sony Ericsson 810i (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=157289)

TheCroShow 07-09-2006 02:40 AM

Cell Phone Review: Sony Ericsson 810i

Little bit of background for you. In the past year or so I've owned a Motorola Razr, Motorola Slvr, and now the Sony Ericsson 810i. I have enjoyed each phone so far, and as a guy that works in the wireless cell phone industry, I demand the latest and coolest phone out there.
Here is a screenshot of the phone:

http://www.mobilegazette.com/images/...w810-combo.jpg

First off, WOW! This is an amazing phone! First impressions:

-It's much lighter than the Motorola Slvr.

-The buttons are very smooth, spaced out nicely and easy to use. I'm 6'3" 230, so you can imagine I do not have elf-like fingers!

-It's extremely easy to scroll through the menus, easy to use the phone without consulting the manual.

Included accessories:
-USB Cable to transfer music, pictures, media, etc with the software necessary.
-Battery
-Wall Charger
-Stereo Headphones
-Memory Stick adapter (can plug your memory card into your SD reader on your computer)
-512MB Memory Stick Duo. If you own a Sony PSP, you can throw your memory card in there and play mp3s right away!

Attractive specs:

-quad-band phone, use almost anywhere in the world

-bluetooth technology

-walkman phone, listen to mp3s on your phone through the speakers or headphones.

-2.0 megapixel camera with flash/flashlight. decent digital phone alternate if you don't have a camera with you. When in camera mode, you hold the phone sideways and take pictures like a real camera!

It feels nice in my hand, nice in my pocket and have had nothing but great reactions from co-workers, friends, strangers, etc. Text messaging on here is so nice and much better than Motorola. It's user-friendly and the display is absolutely gorgeous.

If you are in the market for a new cell phone and have a GSM carrier such as Cingular Wireless, T-Mobile, Rogers, Fido, etc. I highly recommend this phone. Any questions? Feel free to ask me.

*EDIT*

Forgot to include:

-Has a radio!
-The headphone adapter allows you to plug in almost any pair of headphones. If you are a DJ by night, hook up your balla headphones and ROCK OUT
-Can record high quality video
-You can add your own words to predictive text

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

It makes other people jealous

siccjay 07-09-2006 02:49 AM

Re: Cell Phone Review: Sony Ericsson 810i

How much can you get me one for? My RAZR is played out.

battschr 07-09-2006 02:50 AM

That looks/sounds like a BAMF phone.

TheCroShow 07-09-2006 02:51 AM

All depends on upgrade eligibility. My dept. does not have it yet. And of course, which carrier do you have?

TheCroShow 07-09-2006 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BAMF phone?

battschr 07-09-2006 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BAMF phone?

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad Ass Mother [censored] ing phone

TheCroShow 07-09-2006 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BAMF phone?

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad Ass Mother [censored] ing phone

[/ QUOTE ]

samuel l. jackson would call it his bad [censored]. it's gorgeous

siccjay 07-09-2006 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All depends on upgrade eligibility. My dept. does not have it yet. And of course, which carrier do you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have Cingular. I've had my phone since last August. How do I find out my upgrade eligibilty?

I was joking, unless you can get me a deal or somethin. I really want one of the new flat palm pilot lookin phones. I could really use the ability to surf the net easily while I am out shopping.

TheCroShow 07-09-2006 03:04 AM

how do you find out? well if you have a 1 year agreement you are eligible after 11 months, if you have a 2 year agreement you are eligible after 21 months.

TheCroShow 07-09-2006 03:22 AM

Another nice feature of the Sony Ericsson is that it's a SONY ERICSSON! Sony Ericsson phones are rarely returned due to manufacturer defects. SE's lead the way in terms of reliability and durability.