Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Should I call with my 4, 6 suited? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513388)

Hipsdontlie69 10-01-2007 07:05 PM

Should I call with my 4, 6 suited?

playing only $4-$8, UTG raised, 4 other people called, and I'm in the button with 46suited, Should I call here?

Scarmiglio 10-01-2007 07:14 PM

Re: Should I call with my 4, 6 suited?

No. Read SSHE. 46s is marginal for one bet and a definite fold for 2. You want to get in for one bet with these hands. This also goes for 67s, 78s, 89s, etc...

Frond 10-01-2007 07:15 PM

Easy fold(for me that is).

bravos1 10-01-2007 07:25 PM

BB yes, BTN no

Hipsdontlie69 10-01-2007 07:28 PM

I figure there are so much money that I can get out if I dont hit my straight or flush, much like pocket deuce.

KitCloudkicker 10-01-2007 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figure there are so much money that I can get out if I dont hit my straight or flush, much like pocket deuce.

[/ QUOTE ]

usually if you hit a pair and you fold for one bet you are making a mistake.

Scarmiglio 10-01-2007 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Small pocket pairs are different because if you flop a set you will usually win and you have good implied odds. You will make a winning hand with a pocket pair far more often than you will make a winning hand with 64s. This is why you can't call this for 2 bets. Like I said before, read SSHE.

Hipsdontlie69 10-01-2007 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Small pocket pairs are different because if you flop a set you will usually win and you have good implied odds. You will make a winning hand with a pocket pair far more often than you will make a winning hand with 64s. This is why you can't call this for 2 bets. Like I said before, read SSHE.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont know where u are but here in Cali, playing $4-$8 is different, normally very loose and raise is not respected, when its a raised family pot, its not unsually to see JT offsuit, 9T offsuit, 24suited on the button. You dont see a lot of tight players here and if u are u are tagged and will not get any action when u limp or raise.

Scarmiglio 10-01-2007 07:57 PM

I'm in Cali also and I play 4/8. If you really play the hands you listed to a raise, you have a large leak. I'll say it one more time and then I'm done with your thread. Read SSHE.

StrictlyStrategy 10-01-2007 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do what you want. Folding a pair getting like 14 or 16:1 or whatever is silly.